The silent night

The brown-haired girl and her childhood friend were going to hike in the forest with the girl's father. Her father was having a week-long holiday. He surprised both of them by vacation. They bagged their stuff and left the next day.

The car finally arrived at its destination. They started to unpack things in the cabin. It wasn't new or too old, it was between them. Inside the cabin was normal and had some new looks in the make of the renovation. "Not the best cabin that I have seen", another teen mumbled. "Shut up Kaito! Father had done his best for this vacation", the girl scolded her friend. "Aoko, don't be too rushed to Kaito. I had to admit this may not be the best but it has really good views", Girl's father said. (Yes, the girl's name was Aoko Nakamori and Her father was none other than Inspector Ginzo Nakamori. A childhood friend was Kaito Kuroba.) "You're right dad", Aoko said by looking out of the large window. Even Kaito had to admit it had good views of the lake.

After unpacking they all gathered in the living room. "So what will you two do next?" Aoko's father asked from the teens. "I'm not sure yet. Maybe exploring a little bit", Aoko answered. Ginzo noded and was taking fishing tackle. "Well, I'm going fishing. You two can join if you want before I leave. I have to check a few things first." Aoko and Kaito listened to what Ginzo said and thought of an offer.

Aoko and Kaito walked around the cabin looking at their surroundings. There was so much forest around them, they were sure there was no settlement nearby. This felt a little bit creepy to them. What if something happened and help was so far away from them. They didn't think that too much. What would happen to them? Nothing. They were sure of that. Maybe just Kaito and Ginzo thought that. Aoko, on the other hand, wasn't so sure. She had the feeling something would happen but wasn't sure what it was.

Soon they went to a nearby beach where Ginzo was getting things to a boat. He noticed the teens and smiled friendly. "So are you coming?" He asked. "Yes, we come. Right, Kaito?" Aoko answered as her gaze was on Kaito. "Yeah, we're coming", Kaito nervously answered. He didn't like how Aoko watched him. Almost like she was trying to look at his soul or trying to burn his head with a little stern look that told not to say something mischief or sarcastic. "Alright then. Hop in a boat and let's go", Ginzo said by starting to push a boat into the water.

Ginzo rowed the boat sometime before stopping. He gave the teens their fishing rods before starting fishing by himself.

There was silence, no one said a word. The silence was getting a little bit awkward so finally, someone opened their mouth.

"So what do you think of the place?" Ginzo finally asked to break the silence. "It's okay,'' Kaito answered. "It's beautiful here but a little bit creepy too", Aoko told her father worriedly. "I feel the same. There doesn't seem to be too much settlement around. But I'm sure nothing bad will happen, so Aoko don't worry", Kaito said with a little smirk on his face. "Kaito is right, Aoko. I will protect you if something bad happens. But it almost always feels that way in a new place where you haven't been before. And before you even notice that feeling is gone", Ginzo explained.

Kaito seemed to notice something from the corner of his eye. "Hm?" Ginzo and Aoko's faces went to Kaito. "What is it, Kaito?" Genzo asked. "What's that place? I didn't see it before", Kaito said uncertainly to his comparisons. Ginzo's gaze followed Kaito's gaze to a large building that glared at the tops of the trees.

"It's called Summer Star Hotel", Ginzo said with a thoughtful face. "Weird... I heard it had been demolished. But there it is. I even checked it from GPS before coming here and it wasn't marked on the map."

"It looks like they didn't want to be seen anymore", Aoko guessed. "Probably. You two have to stay away from that place. Rumors say terrible things happened there. So that's why they closed that place", Ginzo warned both teens. Aoko seemed to take her father's words seriously but Kaito seemed to be interested but hid it well from Aoko and her father.