Chapter 1: The Unexpected Feeling

After the splendid victory against the vicious Nome King and his huge army and Dorothy's safe return back to Kansas, everyone inside the Emerald City rejoiced in full happiness spreading around in all of the Oz-like flaming wildfires.

Queen Ozma, who is already smiling now that her people are safe, stood up from her golden throne and turned to the three loyal kings who are now new best friends of hers and Dorothy's. Scarecrow, an optimistic red-head with a place olive green hat sitting on top of his head, Tinman, a big lumberjack made all out of the shiny tin with his mighty axe on his metallic shoulder, and Lion, a friendly but courageous wild animal with chestnut brown mane, all smiled in triumphant back, hoping that everything will go back peacefully. Then all eyes looked upon Glinda, a tall beautiful witch of the South with sky blue hair.

"Say Wonderful Glinda" Ozma asked with eyes gleaming, "would you like to join us for a special party tonight? I've arranged it and invited all the people to celebrate, even the animals in the forest. It would be grand for you to attend"
"Yeah!" replied the Lion, "It's going to be a super amazing party!"
"We love you to attend!" Said the Tinman.
"There is music and dancing, it's going to be so much fun at the town square of the Emerald City!" Scarecrow exclaimed with excitement.
"I would love to join all of you to your generous invitation, but I'm afraid I have other duties and worries to think about. So I must return to the South to protect and keep things in order" Glinda responded with an apologetic look but with a happy smile.
"Oh, that's fine, maybe we could visit you some time or call you when Oz gets into great danger!" Ozma said.
"It would be a pleasure, but for now farewell and good luck my friends!" Glinda replied as she waved gracefully at all of them before she vanished into glittering dust, sparking like twinkling stars.

2 hours later,
The royal friends and servants are preparing the city with garlands of flowers, reds, yellows, pinks, purples, and blues, all around the inside of the grand ballroom. Ozma, who has now finished decorating the city square, came in to check that everything is in its right place. "Well done everyone! Everything will be fun and amazing for tonight's grand party.", Ozma exclaimed happily. "Why thank you, your Majesty! Is there any bits in the castle that we can help for tonight?" Scarecrow asked, feeling very excited for the occasion. Ozma thought for a minute before she can reply without a second thought. " Oh, I just remembered! We needed a beautiful statue to place in the ballroom, you know the one that the Wizard had used before you all came to see him? I was wondering if you and Tinman can get it in the backroom?" Then Tinman came into the conversation. "Of course, your Majesty, we're very happy to help right Scarecrow?" he said as he placed his tin hand on Scarecrow's shoulder and smiled cheerfully. Scarecrow turned to his best friend before replying with a grin "Don't you worry Queen Ozma, me and Tinman will sort it out for you!". "Splendid! Well, off you pop you two while I check over the ballroom" Ozma replied before scooting the boys out of the room. She walked over to the Lion, where he was busy cleaning the silverware with a cloth. "Hello there Lion, I see that the silverware are now sparkling like the Emeralds, great job" Ozma complimented to the King of the Forest when she saw the glasses glistening into the light. "It is a honour to do these duties to prepare a big night, Queen Ozma", Lion said as he polished the last glass. Lion looked to his left and in his right, wondering where two of his best friends had went. Lion said," uhh... Ozma? Do you know where Scarecrow and Tinman went?" "Oh, don't you worry Lion, I asked them to get the statue in the Wizard's back room to place it in the square", Ozma said with a confident voice. Lion sighed with relief as he knows that the others will be fine and continued to set up the silverware. " Uhh... did I cleaned the silverware right?"

Meanwhile in the Wizard's Room,
The Scarecrow and Tinman were trying to get the statue that is hanging on to the ceiling. Scarecrow began to walk up to the stairs so he can lower it slowly and carefully for the Tinman to carry. "Ahh, it's just like the good times when we get to see the Wizard and we've finally have our wishes granted and our Dorothy and Toto are safely back to Kansas", Scarecrow said to the Tinman as he lowers the statue slowly thinking about the good times they've enjoyed their adventures together. "That's right Scarecrow, After all the trouble with Wicked Witch, Mombi and Jingur, and the Nome King, we have managed to save the Land of Oz all thanks to Dorothy! Because if she didn't found us when she came here, then we'll be stranded in our spot forever and who knows that Oz will be in grand danger!" The metal lumberjack exclaimed with a relieved chuckle. "Oh I wished that Dorothy could've stayed a night to enjoy this festive occasion tonight..." Scarecrow said, feeling down a little with his head down. The Tinman looked up to see his friend gloomy and decided to cheer him up. "We all missed Dorothy and Toto so much, I don't think that my heart could take this pain, but we know that they'll be back very soon when we need them and just celebrate our victory we have for tonight. So we can get the statue to Ozma quick and square?" This has Cheered the Straw man a little and was really thankful to his friend. "Thanks Tinman, I appreciated the comfort and your right, but I think you needed to work on your catchphrases for later. But for now, let's get..." but before he could finish his sentence, he accidentally slipped on the small oil puddle and unfortunately, didn't manage to hold to the rope, fell down from the top of the stairs. Tinman realises in fear and tries to rush and catch the Scarecrow, hoping to save him. Fortunately, the Scarecrow landed in his arms just in time, unable to open his eyes. And for a few seconds, he finally opened his eyes to catch the Tinman's. The two non-human friends gazed at each other with their sparkling eyes for a moment before a small blush started to form on both on their cheeks. Tinman was mute to see the Scarecrow's emerald eyes looking at his sapphires. Suddenly, he snapped out of his thoughts and placed his friend upright. Scarecrow was in a little shock too about this moment just now. " Thanks my friend, I was scared for my life and you've saved me" Scarecrow now finally thank the Tinman. "Always Happy to help a friend in need Scarecrow, just be careful next time ok?" Scarecrow nodded. The guard came in the room to check on what was happening. "Oh sorry to interrupt your majestys, but Ozma wants to know if you two have found the statue for the party yet", the guard said. The two snapped out of their thoughts before replying "yes, we have the statue all ready, tell Ozma we'll be there" Tinman said as he carries the Statue in a wheeler. " Maybe you guys can carry the statue to the square while I tidy this room a bit?" Scarecrow muttered with his hand rubbing at the back of his red hair straw.  "Are you sure you don't want us to help first?", the Tinman and the guard asked in concern as the Straw King nodded his head not saying a word. They've then carried the feminine statue out of the room, leaving the Scarecrow on his own. As he started to tidy the room, his mind started to reel with questions that he cannot answer.

Scarecrow's POV
"What has just happened right now? Why did my face turn red? Tinman has saved me from the fall, but I didn't expect to feel this experience just now... did I? Me and him are best friend and also with the Lion and Dorothy, we both rule the Winkie Land and hero's of Oz. But his eyes are so beautiful, like sparkling sapphires, and he's strong, nice, gently handsome... JEEPERS!!! WHAT AM I THINKING?!?! This feeling I'm having now! It isn't real right?"

Meanwhile in the corridor of the halls,

Tinman and the guard are dragging the statue to Ozma so she can locate it to its place in the Square of the Emerald City. When a sudden, Tinman stopped and became a little worried and confused that he felt his heart started to thump hard and really fast. The guard noticed that the Winkies' leader is confused and tries to talk to him. "Is something bothering you, your Majesty?" The Guard asked in concern. The Tinman looked down to him. " No no it's fine, I was just feeling a little bit tired, but don't worry I bring the statue to Ozma and you can help the Lion and the others with the invitations!", the king said. "I won't let you down, your Majesty, I'll help the others immediately at once!", the guard saluted before he quickly marched himself to the ballroom. Now that he is alone, Tinman sat on a single chair in the corridor and had the statue near him. He had his face covered with both of his hands before he can process what had happened back in the room.

Tinman's POV
"Oh goodness, has my heart been thumping already? How long is it going to last?! Scarecrow was about to fall and I've managed to rescue him and suddenly our eyes met. But to be honest, his eyes are are shining, I think I kinda found him cute when he's smart and a little shy... but I'm so worried that this could ruin our friendship forever if I mess this up..."

Both POVs
"Is this the New Unexpected Feeling I'm having for Scarecrow/Tinman?"

To be continued...

Omg!!! I have just finished the first chapter of the Tincrow story!!! Let me you what you guys think and comment down below if you want another chapter. I'll manage to make another one if I can! Enjoy and have a good day!! OXOX