Chapter 18 - Reach Out to the Truth

The police commissioner watched on as, one by one, her force was appearing from thin air, beaten down but left relatively unharmed. Tapping her foot, she sighed. "Damn, Phantom Thieves, my force can't even take down a bunch of children? How far have we fallen?"

"Commissioner, we managed to tag Zenkichi while he was escaping!" Turning around, she shook her head, disappointed at Zenkichi being dragged by his arms thrown in front of her. "The others managed to escape."

Crouching down, she looked to her own force, upset. "Why Hasegawa? Why throw everything away to become crooks?"

Panting, he looked deflated, whispering. "You wouldn't understand. I did my part. The Phantom Thieves are long gong; I give up just, please. Leave my daughter out of this."

Standing up, the police commissioner got on the phone, waiting for a response. "That's out of our hands now. I need to call in backup."

"That won't be necessary, commissioner." A voice echoed, causing her to hang up. "You're outmatched in this type of fight."

"Who let you through?! Officers." A police officer whispered in her ear, making the Commissioner look surprised. "The Detective Prince, are you kidding me?"

"My name is Naoto Shirogane, mam, and it's clear your force is not equipped to withstand the TV world," Naoto says with a stern tone adjusting her hat. "Allow us to handle these Phantom Thieves."

"TV world? What are you going on about?"

"We all have different words for it, Tv World, Metaverse, Mementos it's all the same. Another world blended and woven into our own. That's how your force was taken down so easily. They have abilities which put your best men to shame."

"And what makes me believe a child can handle this?"

"We've dealt with this sort of problem before. The murder case in Inaba five years ago were frighteningly similar to this." She sighs, taking a tarot card from her pocket. "We had hoped that would be the last. But, rest assured, Commissioner, my team is already tailing these crooks. We will bring them to justice."

"To hell with it. Do what you have to. Bring him the head of that leader no matter what."

****

"I think that's all of them," Morgana whispered, putting his sword away. "We should meet up with the others and plan our next move."

"Agreed. Exposing us this suddenly, Adrian must be cornered. We're onto him, and he knows it." Joker states gun down by his side.

Agreeing to this, I began walking with them before feeling off. Looking over my shoulder, I flinched a sword coming right at me. Quickly holding my cane up, I stopped the attack as a young man with silver hair and glasses jumped down on me. Pushing him back, Joker and Morgana came to my aid. "More cops?"

"No, this one is different. What the hell! He's crazy strong. Who on earth is this guy!"

"Damn it, catching them by surprise didn't work. I guess you aren't called Phantom Thieves for nothing. Looks like we have to do this the old fashioned way, partner." Another one spoke, holding two kunai in either hand.

"You're right, Yosuke, just like old times."

"Who are you? Don't tell me you're..." Joker whispered. Tearing his mask off, he called on Arsene. "Persona!"

"They really do have Personas... We haven't had to fight a Persona user since Labrys and three of them. I'll follow your lead, Yu! Jiraiya!"

Yu crushed a tarot card calling on his persona. "Izanagi!"