The Run

I never experienced true love and care. Never a mother's love for her daughter or a sister's admiration for one another. They picked who they loved, who was the prettiest, the smartest, and better and kicked the other to the curb. I was practically abandoned by my family at birth and no one in the god forsaken village would help me no matter how loud or long i pleaded for help. So i've always been ready to go and today was finally the day.

"Y/n! Where is the goddamn food!!" demanded my father from the dining room. I roll my eyes trying to keep my temper to myself as i set the plates. "It's almost finished i'm setting the plates now!" i yell back from the kitchen trying to keep a steady tone so I'm not berated for "Attitude". As i finish up setting the plates that i've been slaving all day to work for.

Walking out with all the plates in my hands and arms I place them down all individually in front of them. I stand to the side knowing i cannot eat till everyone has finished. "What is this!?" My mother asked with pure disgust on her face. "The Sancocho that Esmeralda requested for tonight." I stated as i nodded my head towards my sister. I saw my dad try it and he looked back at me with disappointment look. My father has always been a little more nicer to me but he was still horrible. "This is horrible." said my sister i looked at her with a confused face. "I followed the recipe to exact. It's Abuelas recipe!" i raised my voice. I missed Abuela she was my only haven to this hell. She hated her daughter for what she did to me but she was weak and old she couldn't do more.

Though, just like that they got up complaining about having horrible food and finding something else. I sat down and ate my food which actually wasn't bad at all. But as i sat there i was conjuring up a plan a plan to leave, i had my bag already packed just for this occasion when i finally got the courage.

I finished up my food and got up not bothering to touch the dishes. I grabbed every recipe so i had something of my Abuela with me for this unbearable trip. I ran upstairs and quickly grabbed my satchel and checked it had everything and was not raided. Money, water, packable food, recipes, and my only comfort for years my stuffed bear from my Abuela. I got all the items i needed and left everything irrelevant behind and that's when i left. I walked out the front door and saw my family. "Where do you think you're going?!" yelled my mother but i ignored her and ran towards the forest. I heard screaming from my family and even few from the village that I need to come back and that ill get killed but I didn't care it would be better than staying in an unfair life.

I kept running even when the voices drained out and the light was gone it was all dark. I stopped though, i laid against a tree trying to catch my breath and keep up with my heart rate. I was sitting there for a while absolutely exhausted i just couldn't move i was so tired. then that's when everything went dark and i can't remember when i fell asleep.

~morning~

I woke up at the first light off the sun. My eyes fluttered open with a slight squint, the sun was so bright. I slowly got up, my legs tired, but i stretched it out. When i finished with that i decided to check my surroundings hoping that nothing or no one found me. Lucky nothing seemed to be around me but i noticed something different really different. I was pretty high on land i could see over a good portion of the forest and even some houses in my village but there was something new. Something bright in the distance but it was to far for me it was like a bright hot pink but i couldn't make it out. That's when i set on my adventure to figure it out sure it may be dangerous but its worth it.

climbing down the mountain was exhausting and sure hell of a work out but i made it safely on the ground. I was hungry and thirsty so i opened my bag to drink a little water to preserve it and some food as well. Then my journey was set.

~A week later~

So much. It is all to much. I've been walking, running, and climbing so much. I'm bruised, cut, and terrified. I've had to ruin my skirt to wrap my wounds. Though it was worth it, out of dehydration and starvation i finally made it I found what was poking out oh so long ago i crossed through a certain parts of woods and when i came out i saw the whole village it was beautiful. It was unlike my village it was bright and flourishing.

I started to make my way down but i started to get dizzy more dizzy than i had been for the past day or so but i tried to hurry make my way down its dark outside but people were still there. I started yelling and waving my hands a few people saw me and started making their way to me but i couldn't do it anymore i couldn't run anymore i fell to my knees and everything went dark and cold. I was in and out at times hearing people mutter "Where did she come from?" "Is she alright?" "Bring her to the Madrigals." The Madrigals? who are they? where are they taking me?