QUEEN OF HEARTS

women want to be loved like roses

women want to be loved like roses. they spend hours perfecting their eyebrows and toes and inventing irresistible curls that fall by accident down the back of their necks from otherwise austere hair-dos. they want their lover to remember the way they held a glass. they want to haunt.

— EVE BABITZ

and god knows the only mistake that a man can makeis trying to make a woman change and trade her violets for roses

that a man can make
is trying to make a woman change
and trade her violets for roses

     CARMEN FLORES IS THE PRIME EXAMPLE of a sinner.

     She has each of the seven sins wrapped around her perfectly manicured fingers, collecting them like trophies to showcase as a token of her worth. Once personified, she views her sins as her own, ensuring to tend to them with utmost care to maintain her power. It's immoral to pick favourites, she knows that from experience, but that doesn't stop her.

     Vanity is Carmen's most cherished sin, and she'll do anything to preserve it.

     Appearances are a drug to her — she's admittedly an addict, and she holds no shame in that statement. Carmen loves looking good, equally she loves being around people who look good. Personality matters less than perfect perception; she'll only speak to a fraction of the people she'll encounter in her lifetime, so better to leave a memorable first impression than to wait to awe them.

     Through her tough exterior of flaunted riches and a rather frightening natural scowl, Carmen Flores has become feared. The crowds of the Kook Academy hallways part whenever she walks through them, as if she's a biblical figure designed for worship. When it comes to her, respect blurs with cower, as anyone who knows of the Flores name knows the repercussions that come with double crossing it.