12.

Wally skipped over to the bed.

"Rob? What happen?" He asked his sleeping friend, however, he got no answer.

"I'm deeply sorry mister Wallece.." Alfred walked through the door and stood next to the red haired boy.

The butler stared at the unmoving body of his, not so formally, grandson.

"You're talking as if he wasn't alive!" Wally whisper yelled as if it was going to wake up his friend.

He then checked Dick's pulse just to reassure himself that Dick, in fact, was still alive.

He sighed in relief.

"So.. what happen to him?.." Wally asked the older man without making any eye contact.

The butler replied.

"It was after one of his fights with Joker, he might not make it to the end of this month..." Alfred almost just thought the last bit, glancing at the calendar on the near by wall.

Wally looked at the calendar too.

It was the twenty fourth day of may.

The red head came closer to hug his friend, with slightly wide eyed face.

"There must be something we could do. Maybe enter his mind and wake him from inside?" Wally asked with the hint of hope and determination in his voice.

Now holding Robin's hand, he turned around to face the butler.

An idea came to his mind.

"We have Miss Martian! She will help is!" That kid hoped it was clear enough, as he spoke quickly as a speedster attended.

He wasn't really known for being smart, so his heart slightly trembled in embarrassed.

"As much as this idea isn't that bad, mister Wallece.." Alfred really wasn't the type of person to enjoy breaking people's hope.

"..but I, together with doctor Lisa, already thought this over. And this kind of procedure could damage the brain of his.." He gestured slightly at the boy lying on the med bey bed.

"..it has slight chance of success, but the risk is to big compered to it."

The butler stepped closer to Dick's best friends and put his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"I think you should know, that master Dick's body and will are strong enough, so he would normally last longer then i said before.."

He thought back a bit to be sure his next words are in the correct order.

The butler sighted lifting his hand from the young speedster's shoulder, slowly going to towards the door.

Just as he was to leave, he turned around and finally spoke his words out.

"..time surely isn't the danger here..maybe..maybe if he had the time to recover on his own, but i'm afraid he doesn't. I'm not stopping you from staying here, but please leave before midnight, master Bruce wouldn't be to happy to see you here..."

Alfred then left, leaving Wally to his own thoughts

What did the man mean by that?

What was the real danger?

Wally's thoughts raced.

He took the chair that stood not to far from him and pulled it closer to the bed.

The boy sat down, then took last glance at his friend before putting his head in his hands.

His vibrant red hair covered his eyes, hiding small droplets that were now running silently down the boy's cheeks.

"Gosh...good thing he can't see me now, I bet he would laugh at me for being such a softie..." Wally chuckled to himself.

"Don't worry, I'll find a way to wake you up buddy.."