The Cursed Boy - 4 (Y.1)

The door swung wide open before Y/N's eyes, as a tall, black-haired woman dressed in an emerald green robe stood at the top of the few set of steps, her strong gaze bearing upon the crowd of children before her.

- The firs' years. Hagrid said, making a quick gesture toward the woman. Professor McGonagall. 
- Thank you Hagrid, I will take them from here. The tall witch said, looking swiftly back at the door.

She pulled the door wide for the children who hurried into the entrance hall, Y/N was fairly confident they could fit Wellston Orphanage in there three times, his gaze then lingered on the walls lit by torches much like the ones he saw at Gringotts.

The ceiling was so high that he couldn't even make it out, all he could clearly see was the magnificent marble staircase in front of which the children had crowded.

- Come on, this way. The old witch weakly uttered, yet all followed her.

The children followed Professor McGonagall along the flagstone floor, all of them could hear a hundred voices rising from a doorway on their right, Y/n quickly guessed that all the other Hogwarts students were probably in this room.

But they weren't going in.

Instead, they were led into a small, empty room by Professor McGonagall, and had to stand next to each other, much to the displeasure of Y/N, who found himself crowded into a corner with the two boys he had met on the train.

All of the children peered around nervously, as young Y/N let out a loud sigh, this was shaping to be a long wait.

- Welcome to Hogwarts. Said the Professor, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses, the Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts, you will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

Unsurprisingly, the old lady's gaze wandered over a few kids as she spoke, her eyes went from young Draco Malfoy to the well-known Harry Potter, but somehow Y/N felt a chill run down his spine as he noticed her gaze was now set on him. 

- The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards, while you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn you house points, while any rule breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor, I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. She explained, as an absolute silence set in whenever words left her mouth.

Y/N didn't fail to notice some of the reactions when some of the Houses were mentioned, and of course, among them was Draco Malfoy who seemed in absolute disgust except at the mention of Slytherin. 

- The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school, I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. She advised, her gaze now landing on Ron as well as Neville Longbottom.

As soon as the witch's footsteps faded away into the hallway, a wave of chaos broke out among the children, all of whom were either trying to get their robes fixed or fix their hair, everyone but Y/N.

He had long 'given up' on his hair, since the Sisters used to cut it only when they deemed it too long, so getting a proper hairstyle was much harder than he expected so he just let his hair be messy.