Stick Figures

I wrote this at like 3 in the morning so sorry about spelling mistakes, but also that's what happened when you read on wattpad instead Ao3.

Anyways enjoy this short story <3

Being a daycare employee at the Pizzaplex was one of the worst decisions your parents made for you. Sure you get paid $45 an hour, but that means you had to take care of kids for 5-6 hours at a time. You didn't like the kids at first. You thought that they were gross and sticky; and they were always running around screaming or crying. It was draining and you ended up going home with a huge head ache on the first day. Your opinion of the children and the daycare changed very quickly however once you had met the main animatronic. 

     Its name was Sunrise. your first encounter was when you were chasing a little boy around the play structures because you were trying to wash the blue and green marker off of his face and arms. "My, my" a voice said, "what a mess you've made kiddo". The little boys path was soon blocked off by the daycares mascot. Once you had caught up to the kid, you immediatly grabbed him. Before you had the chance to scold him, the animatronic called Sunrise asked you a question with excitement in his voice, "I haven't seen you around here, are you new to the daycare?"."Yes I am, now if you'll excuse me I have to wipe the crap off of this kids face" you said turning around heading toward the cleaning station. 

     You didn't mean for your annoyance to show but alas it did. Sundrop had sensed the oddity in you behavior, so he decided to follow you. (he also wanted to warn you that no foul language such as 'crap' could be used in the daycare). He was soon walking- or more like skipping next to you. "Hey, just so you know, no cursing allowed in the daycare; we wouldn't want harm the innocence of these little kiddos."Oh yeah, you kind of forgot about that rule. "Right. Sorry" you said looking down at the floor with embarrassment. " Now lets get this kid cleaned up. Cleaned up" he said. He skipped ahead to the clean station and grabbed some wipes. "Time to clean up!" he said looking to the kid. You placed the kid onto the counter and also grabbed a wipe. In an awkward silence you and the robot cleaned up the kid. "Okie Dokie! Your all cleaned up! Time to go back and play!" he lifted the clean child off of the counter and set him on the floor. 

     The kid immediately ran off laughing and screaming. You rolled your eyes in slight annoyance. Sunrise noticed this, "You don't seem to be having fun... your supposed to be having fun" the robot turned to you. Sunrise appeared to have a confused look on his face- or at leased the slight tile of his head made it appear that way. "Yeah.. um I don't really like kids" you said flatly. Sunrise was surprised at this, why would you be working at a day care if you didn't like kids.You could guess what his next question would be so you explained that you parents had insisted on it and that you didn't have much of a choice."Oh" was all the robot responded. After a second of silence Sunrise asked, "Why don't you like them?""Well, they're noisy. They get their messes everywhere and its hard to interact with people who are about 15 years younger than me.""That's okay" the animatronic quickly responded, "you don't have to like the noise....I know some one who doesnt either" he mumbled. "Also I don't like messes either. I like it when things are clean. Very Clean. See!" he said as he ran over to a pile of playing blocks and stacked them very neatly. You giggled at the action. Sunrise seemed to get a new idea because his jumped up and skipped back over to you. 

      "Here" he said, grabbing your hand gently, "let me show you one of my favorite things about the daycare".He lead you around the play structure and to a wall.

      "Look at all of them!" he gushed pointing his hand at the wall full of drawings done by the children. Some had glitter glue, others had googley eyes. A few of them were full of random scribbles while other ones had figures drawn on to them. There were many with Sunrise on it, often depicted holding the hand of a child. "See how creative they are" Sunrise said in a softer less hyper tone than usual. "They have such Wonderfull, Wonderfull, imaginations.""Yes" You said in agreement, "yes they do." 

     Then you felt a small tug on your sleeve it. You looked down to see the marker kid from before."I have something for you" the kid said shyly holding something behind his back. Out of curiosity you crouched down next to the kid and held out your hand, "Can I see?"the kid nodded and hand you a piece of paper. Looking at that paper and at all of the others on the wall warmed your heart and had changed how you saw kids."Can I see to?" Sunrise asked with excitement. You held out the paper for him to see, with I slight smile on your face.On that paper Sunrise saw a drawing of you, in your daycare uniform and colored with vibrant colors and glitter glue, the little boy who had drawn the piece, and himself, all holding hands. If the robot's smile could have gotten any bigger it definitely would have. "Can I hang this up" you asked the boy. "Yes miss" the kid said before running back off to the playground.

 "What did I tell you friend" Sunrise said placing a hand on your back, "theses kiddos aren't that bad after all huh?""I suppose not" you said looking up at the robot with a smile.