Chapter 6

Harry and Draco have dinner guests

~~~

Harry feels a little bad.

"Hey." He says softly, lifting his head to look at the cat on his stomach. "Hey, Draco."

He nudges him gently, pokes the little paws until Draco stirs, lifting his head and yawning.

"Hey, good morning, kitty. I'm really sorry, but you've got to move, I need to piss."

Draco complains, settling back down and trying to go back to sleep. Harry snorts, then resorts to moving Draco manually. The cat seems to be mostly okay with continuing to snooze curled up on Harry's still warm pillow.

Harry relieves himself, but by the time he gets back to the bedroom, he's too awake to fall back asleep. He usually gets up around now anyway, so with a pat to Draco's sleeping head, Harry leaves the room again.

Once more, he finds himself in the exercise room, jogging on the moving floor.

Right as he's getting ready to step off, Draco meows from the doorway.

"Oh hi, pet, you awake now?" Harry teases. Draco gives him an unimpressed look, walks over onto the moving floor in front of Harry and keeps up with the moderate pace easily.

"Are you showing off now?" Harry laughs. "I can set it faster if you think you can keep up with me."

Draco deliberately turns back, then yawns dramatically, which makes Harry laugh more.

"Alright, kitty, you asked for it."

Harry turns up the speed, setting the floor to gradually increase until he stops it.

When Harry is full-out sprinting and Draco is running near his feet, Harry rolls his eyes.

"Okay okay fine-" He gasps between breaths, waving again for the floor to slow to a stop. "I concede, but know that you wouldn't've had it so easy if I hadn't already been running for half an hour before you got out of bed."

Draco meows again, and Harry notes with some satisfaction that he's panting lightly.

Harry grabs his bottle of water and slumps down against a wall, soon joined by Draco on his shoulders.

"Water?" Harry offers. Draco leans his nose in, so Harry squirts some so Draco can catch it. The excess runs down Harry's chest, but he doesn't mind, he's overheated anyway.

Draco laps some up, then noses at the sweat running down Harry's neck.

"Don't drink my sweat, you disgusting perv." Harry says, wrinkling his nose, but unable to hide his smirk. "You'll get dehydrated."

Draco stands up and hops down.

"Ouch! Fuckin claws-" Harry complains, hissing as the sweat makes the scrapes sting. "Draco!"

Draco dashes out of the room before Harry can squirt water at him.

~~~

Harry shuts the book on his thumb and jumps up, looking for his housemate in his study.

"So you remember how Draco had that collar?" Harry asks, skipping a greeting. Neville looks up.

"Yeah, sure." He says, a smirk ready to form.

"Where did you put it when you took it off?"

"I didn't put it anywhere, I just set it on the table downstairs. It wasn't there the next time I was downstairs so I assumed you put it away somewhere."