|| one; B ||

*Two Years Earlier* ~ April 1st, 2012 ~ 6:33 p.m
Bethany's POV:

This was one of the only nights where I could actually go out and have some fun without school or my parents on my back. It was Friday afternoon, the first hours starting off spring break.

I had to admit, I felt really good. So much better than usual. I was completely and utterly stress free.

My closest female friend, Zoe Lendhath, was minutes away from picking me up. She had spent nearly two entire weeks looking for the number one spring break party location, and wouldn't shut up about it for another week and a half. She had said how "it wasn't any ordinary party. It was Ashton Irwin's party. The legendary Woodbury High graduate."

As I adjusted my ponytail in the mirror for the last time that night, Zo's car tires screeched to a halt beside the pathway to my house.

She aggressively honked the obnoxious car horn with excitement, yelling "Come on, Beth! This party awaits our company!"

"I'll be back around 11! Love you," I told my mom, who told me to be safe.

I reached for my purse and jogged out the door to meet a very eager Zoe. She smiled and opened my door for me.

"Ooh, aren't we fancy," she teased, referring to my black dress, which was slightly testing the boundaries of being a bit too revealing.

"Look at you! You look like a fucking model!" I said jokingly.

Zoe rolled her eyes in response and began speeding down the street. I turned on the radio to the only station Zo had access to, which unfortunately only played shitty pop music. But hey, it was better than no music, and it sure got us even more psyched.
✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎
When we arrived to the crowded party, there was an overwhelming amount of guys and girls scattered pretty much everywhere you looked.

I wasn't really the most social person when it came to large groups of people, so I tried to stay as close to Zo as possible.

Zoe Joanne Lendhath was the kind of person to have a 5 minute conversation with a stranger, and end up receiving their full name, number, and address. She was always full of surprises and new ideas.

But me, being Bethany Mae Valentine, meant that I probably would have to have known the person for months to finally get their phone number, considering my unimpressive social skills towards others.

She latched onto my wrist as we squeezed through the crowd. We reached the table filled with various chips and beverages. Zoe grabbed a handful of Lays and ate them as she pleased. I casually leaned against the table, trying my absolute hardest not to look awkward.

Zo nodded her head to the blasting music, scanning the room for approachable boys. I knew who she had her eye on, since she mentioned him at least three times a day. I watched her eyes light up when she spotted Calum Hood.

She glanced at me, giving me a look that asked for permission to leave me and go to Calum. I nodded at her with a smile, and she jumped with joy as she made her way over to the tall, tan boy.

I sighed deeply. So much for a legendary party.

Then suddenly, I saw a tall, blonde boy moving towards me, eyes locked on mine. I could've sworn I saw him stumble a little when I looked at him.
✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
HELLO 5SOS FAM, my name is julia.
nice to meet you :) so, I guess this is the very first chapter of Crush. and oh my god iM SO FLIPPING PUMPED SHITS GONNA GO DOWN KAOSKS,SKS ok. I hope whoever may be reading this enjoyed it and will continue on through this journey w me bc I promise you, it will be long, fun, and it sure as hell will be emotional. feel free to leave comments about anything you wanna know or what you thought of it orrr whatever you want really.

once I finish up another chapter or two (I'm gonna be switching on and off w Beth and Luke's POV btw) I will do a "get to know me" type thing so if you're interested, look out for that.

Well, it was nice chatting w you. I'll see u when I update next :-)
✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐