Himterview

Pari

After flying for 3 hours I am in Delhi waiting for my flight to London which is soon to be announced. This is the first time I am traveling outside the country and my nervousness is at its peak. Too many thoughts are running in my mind and suddenly there was an announcement of my Virgin Atlantic airways flight to London which will take off in within 30 mins.

After the security check I finally boarded my flight and settled in my seat. It was a window seat and I was more than happy and excited about it. Though I have had too many flight journeys during my working period in Tech Mahindra, this time the overwhelming feelings are at a complete new level.

I finished my quick dinner and settled with a business magazine. Since it was a 9 hour plus flight I really felt jobless sitting on my seat. I started listening to music after sometime and drifted to sleep and woke up after listening to the announcements about landing and I fastened my seatbelt.

Sonal was waiting for me in the Heathrow airport early in the morning to receive me. It was around 7.30 when I finally finished all the security procedure and received my luggage. After driving for an hour in her car we were in her apartment at Basil st, Knightsbridge. I settled in her guest room and freshened up quickly. She was ready with the breakfast in the meantime.
" Indian breakfast in this hour? Must be a tough for you, I could have had something simple Sonu"
I said looking at the steaming hot parathas she served in the plates.
" Actually I was craving for some Indian food and making it for one serving is really a time waste. Now that you are here I can enjoy some good Indian food. I really miss those days when we used to cook together and eat with too much gossips. Those were the golden days"
She sighed plopping on the chair with the plate.

Those were indeed the best days of our lives. Our hostel days were an entire adventure on its own. Cooking maggi in kettle or sneaking out to eat chinese food at midnight and what not..... Life was quite colorful those days.

"Don't worry Sonu, now that I am here lets enjoy our time together. I will feed your hungry soul with some good Indian food."
We talked for sometime and had our breakfast. Since it was an off day for her she decided to take me out for shopping and city tour. We visited different shops and some other places and enjoyed the entire day. We had our lunch and snacks in between the traveling and I instantly fell in love with the city.

It was around 9 at night when we reached her apartment, since we were already drowned with too many varieties of food, we decided to skip dinner and I called home to talk about my day with my family. Around 12 we both finally decided to sleep. Next day Sonu had to go to her work and I was free as I had my interview on the next day. So I decided to stay home and watch TV and unpack my luggage completely. I was planning to stay here till I get my job confirmed and go back to India to complete my resignation process later.

I prepared dinner for both of us and continued watching the series I started in the morning. Around 7 Sonu finally came back and after freshening up we both had our dinner.
" So all set for the interview? I am pretty sure you wouldn't have much problems. You're damn good with words and logics. I am sure you will picked"
" Hope so.. This is my chance to escape my problems. Hope things will work out and I get settled here. At this point, walking back empty handed is really the most embarrassing thing for me. I already spoke high and mighty about getting a job here, if I can't get in....."
" Hey Pari, don't worry. Everything will be fine. Sleep well. You have a big day ahead."
We both exchanged good nights and I went to sleep.
"I haven't asked too many things with you dear god, please don't disappoint me this time... Please"
I sent a quick prayer to god and slept after that.

Next day came early and I got up and got ready for my interview in my white shirt and black pencil skirt and tied my hair into a pony tail. I grabbed my black heels and applied an extreme thin layer of makeup. Once I was done with my breakfast, I picked up all my necessary documents and Sonu decided to take me to the I&E office in Lambeth which was hardly 15 mins drive from the apartment.

She works in digital marketing team which is at a 12th floor and my interview was held in 20th floor. She wished me luck and went to her workspace. I followed the directions given by the receptionist and walked towards the meeting room where the interview was held.

At 9.30 our first round of interview began and it was a written aptitude test, next we had a break after which the next round GD was held to the candidates selected from the first round. Both the rounds went quiet well for me and since I was experienced with the field I didn't find them so hard to clear.

The final round was a personal interview and a set of business analysts were interviewing the candidates. During my interview I was asked about the basics of management and other scenarios of crisis management. As of me I was quite satisfied with my performance and I walked out after my interview. We were informed that we would receive a mail regarding the details of work if we are picked. I texted Sonu about the details of the day and she asked me to wait in the longue till she comes back so that we can get back to the apartment together.

I was in the waiting longue and since I was free I picked up the business magazine laying on the table and started flipping the pages to brush my knowledge.
As I turned the next page I stumbled on the list of most mentioned CEO's of the term and the name Ian Evans was on the top of the list.

Ian Evans... my would be ultimate boss, if I get selected for this job. I have heard a lot about him ever since I joined working in corporate field, since he is one among the powerful names in the business field across the globe. Working in I&E is a prestigious thing for anyone on earth.

Next pages had his interview and photos and I shamelessly checked him out since I had nobody to judge me now. I was still in the process of checking the details of this Adonis, when the entire floor became pin drop silent. I checked the entrance to check the cause of sudden commotion.

Holy cow...... The man in the magazine was walking straight from the elevator in front of me. My respiratory system required some extra supply of oxygen to balance the breath loss I felt at the moment I saw him walking with his almighty six feet perfect physique and golden brown perfectly styled hair and expensive clothing. He is the breathing definition of the term 'Sex on legs'. Not even the costliest camera in the world can do the ultimate justice of capturing his powerful aura.
He looked Hot and....Spicy??

'Stop comparing your potential boss into some food article for heaven's sake Pari. He isn't the luxury cuisine you should crave for. You're here for a purpose and please fuckin focus on it'
My brain started brainwashing my thoughts and I stopped looking at him to stop myself from further embarrassment.
He walked away listening to the rants of his subordinates and didn't even spare a glance to others and focused on his walk. After the royal parade of CEO ended, Sonu finally came down and we both went to her apartment.

Over dinner we discussed about our day and she started ranting about her team lead and I enjoyed the dissing session.
"Forget about that bitchy lady, she must be on her menopause. Did you see him?"
She asked with utmost curiosity.
" Him as in?"
I asked her with clear confusion.
" Oh girl.. You're useless, him means Ian.... The devil himself... I heard the entire office gossiping about his visit. He pays a monthly visit to every branch once in three months and guess what.....his casual visit sometimes becomes the last working day for some people. One silly mistake and you're kicked out. Ufff.. He's really a strict boss...... If not for his hot looks he could have had an entire anti fan club. If ruthlessness had a human body on earth then it would be Ian Evans"
I was horrified after listening to her description about him. He did look strict, but this is too much to the power two.

"Actually...... I saw him when he walked in...."
" Damn yaar Pari... First day and such visual treat...."
" After hearing your version of description, its no more visual treat, its literally visual threat. I am definitely not planning to get kicked out just because I was drooling over his looks. This job is important to me Sonu. I can't loose it"
" Who said you will loose it my girl? Anyways he doesn't visit that often. You know... its practically impossible for him to visit every branch in his tight schedules. So take a chill pill. Anyways how was your interview? Did they crack your braincase by the end of it or was it normal?"
" I think it was quite fine. The usual 3 round thing like any other company. But there were some nasty questions too. Of course they do pay a lot, so they need tough people. Fingers crossed"
" Let me include you in my prayers too. Hope we can rock in I&E together"
" Hope so"
We talked for some more time and we decided to sleep.

That's when Pari met Ian for the first time...
Lets see how the India vs England story progresses 😉