Chapter 1: A World with No Spider-Man

Warning: I do not own Spider-Man.

Chapter 1: A World with No Spider-Man.

New York City is burning.

The City is in complete havoc, it was everywhere.

This city has beautiful landmarks known as the Times Square, the most energetic area of New York for its occupants and is known for many Clubs, Museums, Broadway theatres, cinemas and lots of electronic billboards.

It is one of those places that makes this place a city that never sleeps. It has almost everything anyone could want and is protected by many super hero groups, so what could go wrong in a city with such protection.

They may no longer have the greatest defender of New York, Spider-Man who mysteriously disappeared.

They do have the mighty Avengers, X-Men who can sometimes still be called upon to help, the Defenders and the Fantastic Four.

Now one would understand, with the disappearance of just one hero from the City that never sleeps, it wouldn't do anything. After all, so many other heroes live in this city, so it wouldn't matter that Spider-Man disappeared.

"Help!"

"Please save me!"

"I don't want to die!"

Another building blown up.

How very wrong, so very, very wrong for everyone.

The city of New York, while not the cleanest city in the world, from how one could compare it to how it looked a year ago it would have passed off as the world's cleanest city if one looked at the changes.

Around one year ago, the city didn't look like a devastating war zone. The large skyscrapers buildings now had more than half the windows broken with many buildings either on fire or having black smoke coming out of them from the ongoing conflicts.

The New York streets or some were littered with bullet shells, bodies of male, female and even children dead, the official police force and criminals all littered the streets with only clothes covering the broken bodies.

Blood, new and old, scattered across various places. On the walls, buildings, street lamps where one could see rope with blood, much on the streets as well.

All shown of an ongoing war in New York.

Almost everything appeared to have some sort of damage, even the famous Baxter building burning, the Alchemax headquarters burning and Avengers tower as well.

Many buildings were either damaged beyond all repair or are currently on fire. Not even the X-Men's previous main base, Xavier's mansion or school as it is known was left in ruins, as it had been ransacked of supplies. For an entire year, the city had been slowly decaying till six months ago, the villains Spider-Man put away had been united under the banner of the return of Green Goblin AKA Norman Osborn and had declared war on all of New York.

And the heroes and heroines.

It was a terrible reality for ordinary citizens living in New York but the heroes didn't step in, until it was too late. The Avengers, despite New York being their home and main powerbase, didn't bother to try and stop the rising threat of these villain's. The Avengers believed it was not their duty and left it to the other street heroes and heroines but when they finally did step in, it became a threat too much to ignore they were too late. The villains after robbing and or doing whatever they wanted, realizing that Spider Man wasn't going to stop them went crazy to amass power and resources.