𝐎𝐍𝐄 | 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔

They walk in silence for a while, neither making as much as identical to a sound

The [h/c] haired man breaks the silence first, his voice like a stone against a carefully carved ice statue.

He clears his throat first of all, " So, what is this about? You know I don't like getting dragged from my off-days. " The other nods, the fire from earlier nothing but ambers now.

"The Fatui have been submitting a lot of commissions lately," that earns an eyebrow raise from the Kätzlein, "Asking specifically for the Traveler. While I trust that he isn't sharing information or anything alike, it's suspicious. I would go myself, however-"

"-you're the Calvery Captain. And they would know you're observing, figures." "" exactly, and you're not anywhere...up there, per se. "

He hums, tail swaying behind him as he focuses on confronting the Honorary Knight. "Say, I've always wondered." "Hm?"

He observes his coworker from the corner of his eye, keeping up the lazy stroll around Mondstadt. "Are your feline limbs sensitive in any way?" "Can peacocks fly without wings?"

"Now, I feel like that's a threat." "Good, now shut up- we were getting along just fine before you opened your mouth." "Rude, I was just curious."

They walk past Huffman, he gives them a brisk nod as he resumes his patrol. The taller leans to whisper in the bluenettes ear, "How much do you wanna bet that he tried convincing Donna that he's the Darknight Hero?"

"Oh, at least one all-you-can-eat lunch." They snicker, glancing back at the knight. "Archons, I hate him. Such a stuck-up brat, at least he does the job right."

They go past Donna, her hair in its usual style alongside her gown. Kaeya hits his arm. "Lunch, scout." "Why do I have to do it?" "You bet first, now go before we look weird."

Kaeya can hear a grumbled "your face is weird" under the others gaze, his dark tail switching in annoyance as he goes up to the woman.

"Good morning, Donna." The man leans against the fence, head resting on his arms as he tries to ignore his comrades amused starting.

"Good morning, [name]! Lovely weather we're having, no?" She was right, the sun melted into the earth and bathed them all in warmth, the clouds seemed to soothe the warmth whenever it felt like their skin was licking in the heat.

Civilians were in a good mood, Flora was watering the flowers, and the sound of iron against iron could be heard all the way there. "Indeed. Say, you know of the Darknight Hero, right?"

He prompts her to lean in as if sharing a secret meant for her ears alone. She complies, crouching somewhat to meet his eyes. "Yes, I do."

A Cheshire grin sweeps his face, "Who do you think that it is?" She seems to understand the implication. The man wants information, matters not if right or wrong; gossip.

She leans in more, glancing both sides briefly, making sure no one was really listening in. She knows that [name] usually shares these things with Kaeya anyway, so she ignores the man. "Actually, just a few moments ago, Huffman said that it was him."

"Really? I'll have to look into that one. Thank you, dear." She laughs airly, shaking her head slightly at him as he strolls back with newfound confidence.

"You owe me lunch, Captain Hook." "Oh, the misery. Owing to a pretty boy lunch. Woe is me." "You're lucky I hate paying. Actually,"

He glances in Good Hunter's direction. "We did say it's an all you can eat, right?" Kaeya can hear his wallet cry.

"Tomorrow, though." He follows the man's faraway gaze. It lands on the golden-haired Traveler talking with Kathryne. "I've got work to do, nice stroll, don't drag me from hanging out with my sister next time though. "

He pats his shoulder, walking past him slowly and precisely. As if he was sneaking, rather than going up to.

Kaeya chuckles lightly, continuing his half-hearted patrol around the city. More so a reason to slack off from the paperwork in his office than anything, if he has to be fully honest.

The tall man stalks up behind the adventurer as he is conversing with the woman about something, commissions most likely.

"Good morning, you two." They look at him, Kathryne giving him a curt nod in recognition.

"Oh, the famous Honorary Knight, such an honor." He gives a small, somewhat mock-bow. The fairy floating beside him floats to his other shoulder, small sparkles and stars leaving in her wake.

"Oh, and how dare I forget, his trusty guide." "Finally, someone who knows Paimon isn't a mascot!" "Who dare make such an assumption. I will have their tongue for you."

She giggles, and he decided to finally turn to the Traveler. "Are you done here?" He gives a small nod, but stern.

He mindlessly gives the dark-haired woman a small wave as he begins walking, "walk with me."

The other does so wordlessly."I will be honest with you Aether, can I call you Aether?" "Please, feel free to."

His voice is soft, gentle- it reminds him of how cranes fly. So strong, prideful, but so elegant. "Aether, I'm here on business. I'm here to talk with you about the consistent commission form he Fatui."

He nods, Paimon looks like she almost wants to speak up. [Name] doesn't let her. "They're suspicious. We don't want to put words in your mouth or anything, but I'll be coming with you for a bit to make sure no suspicious activity is happening.

As the Honorary Knight, I do hope you aren't selling us out." The short man is nodding. Paimon speaks up for him."They keep asking us to join them! The guy in the Cathedral, Victor, Paimon thinks it was? Paimon doesn't know what his deal is! It's always, hey, can you join us? Think about it while beating up some Treasure Hoarders!"

The scout hums, patting Miles' shoulder as they pass him. "So, youre just going to be a party member from here on out?"

"Mm, at least until I'm sure that you won't try anything with the Fatui. Yes, we're party members from here on out, Traveler.

corylus ferrum: started