Shang Tsung and Reptile

Sub-Zero woke up and looked at Smoke who was slumped against a tree fast asleep. Sub grinned and stretched. His stomach growled

He opened his bag and grabbed a knife. He slowly walked towards a rabbit that was hopping around.

So there is still life here huh?

He threw the knife at the rabbit stabbing its head. The rabbit fell down and Sub retrieved it and by the time he got back to where Smoke was sleeping Smoke was gone.

"Smoke?" He asked and looked around. His bag was still there. Suddenly he heard something behind him. "Who goes there?"

Smoke appeared from the bushes. "Hey where did you go?" He asked his hair wet.

"Smoke what the hell? Where were you?" Sub asked.

"I was looking for you and I found a small river. Weird I didn't expect to find it in a place like this." He explained.

"Oh, well I got breakfast" Sub said raising the rabbit.

"Woah a rabbit? Here? Wow, maybe this place isn't as dead as I thought it would be." Smoke said surprised.

Sub-Zero removed the skin from the rabbit and stuck a stick in its body and put it over the fire which Smoke had just lit.

"Here let me see that" Smoke said as smoke escaped his hands and surrounded the rabbit.

"What was that for?" Sub asked.

"I rather have it smoked." Smoke said and sat down.

Sub-Zero sighed as he thought about Bi-han. "When do we leave?"

"I'd say after breakfast." Smoke said his stomach also growling. "I think we are close to Kahn's palace.

"We better be cause I don't want to spend another night out here." Sub-Zero complained.

"What are you talking about? I slept like a baby" Smoke said closing his eyes.

"What are you thinking about?"Sub asked.

"Stuff..." Smoke simply said.

"What kinda stuff?" He asked again.

"...important stuff..."

"Your past?"

"...sure yea...my past..."

Sub shrugged and poked the rabbit. Once it was done they ate most of it and left the remains by the fire.

Sub-Zero stood up and stretched, "Ready to leave?"

"Yup" Smoke replied.

As they walked Sub-Zero was bothered by Smoke. He wanted to know what he was thinking of, so he merely asked, "What were you thinking of back there?"

"Hmm? What do you mean? I wasn't thinking about anything."

"What? You said you were thinking about your 'past'!" Sub-Zero said remembering what had transpired.

"No I never said that." Smoke protested.

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!

"Did no- why are we doing this?" Smoke asked.

"I don't know. But seriously what were you thinking of?"

Smoke was quiet, "...I don't know I just..."

Sub-Zero waited patiently.

"...thought about...never mind. I don't want to talk about it."