dos

KALEASE TIERRE CATHEY
_____
NYC

KALEASE TIERRE CATHEY_____NYC

"LEESYYYY"

I turn to my left and i see Dougie hopping outta the passenger seat of somebody black Charger.

I landed about an hour ago but Dougie was late as always. He walks up to me but i make the irritation prominent on my face. "Nigga where you been got me standing around like an idiot."

"My bad B left his phone we had to go back" he said tryna plead his case.

I couldn't help but smile looking at him, dropping the mad act. I haven't seen him in so long. His hair was much longer, braided into individuals that cover some of his face. He had a lil mustache and chin hair. Tatts covering his arms too. Teeth still big as hell tho.

"It's fine you know i can't be mad at you Doodie." i joke.

"Ain't i tell you to stop calling me that" he rolls his eyes.

and imma do it again.

He pulls me into a tight hug, resting his chin on my head. We hold each other for a few seconds before i let go. "Come on we gotta get my keys."

I had my Auntie Nita, Dougie's mom look for me an apartment a while back. She found one I liked and luckily they were willing to do the paperwork over the phone with me. I already paid the down payment and the first 4 months rent, all I had to do was pick up the keys from the office.

He nods taking my luggage to the trunk, tapping the back of the car letting whoever driving know to open the trunk.

While he puts away my stuff, i get in the back not before noticing someone sitting in the driver seat looking deep into their phone. I wasn't finna announce my presence, i don't know this nigga. Dougie finally gets in to the car closing the door.

"B this my cousin Kalease i be talking about" Dougie says introducing me.

The boy looks back acknowledging me for the first time.
I recognize his face instantly. He be in Dougie's music videos and shii. His music coo. He gives me a tight lipped smile nodding his head and i do the same before he takes off from the airport. He seems like the quiet type and i don't care enough to make small talk.

Me and Dougie talk for a while just catching up, low drill music playing in the back. Suddenly remembering, I take out my phone to call Key to let him know i landed. As it's ringing Dougie starts to tell his mans my address but I quickly cut him off.

"Actually go to auntie Nita house."

Dougie looks back at me with a confused expression but i wave him off. His friend in the car and i don't want random niggas i don't know personally knowing where i live. Can't let too many people know where you lay your head.

"hoe i know you ain't call me and not saying nun"

"I'm here nigga" I speak, forgetting i called my brother. I look down at my phone in my lap noticing Key at daddy house. Bastard never at his own home.