Chapter 5: Cuddling

- EMMA POV -

After I closed my door, I got changed and did all the usual things I did before bed. But when my head hit the pillow, I couldn't help but think about him. All my thoughts trailed back to Loki.

I kept tossing and turning in my bed when I finally gave in and got up from my bed, I grabbed my blanket and tossed it around my shoulders. Time to set forth on my new mission, to head to Loki's room. I think to myself as I slowly exit my room.

- LOKI POV -

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Thinking about all of the things that I could do without getting in trouble, sadly my mind keeps heading in a different direction. I sat up, turning my head to the door when I heard a knock on the door.

I swung my legs over the bed and made my way towards the door of my chambers, I opened the door and saw Lady Emma with a blanket draped over her shoulders. I looked down at her with a curious look, she looks up at me and gives me a sympathetic smile.

"C-can I come in?" Emma asked, I nodded and moved aside for her to enter. I motion for her to sit on my bed, she does so without talking.

"What brings you here, Lady Emma?" I ask, she sits with her back against the headboard. I sit next to her and wrap my arm around her.

"Please call me Emma," She tells me, I smile down at her. Pulling her closer, she snuggles into my chest.

"How may I help you, Emma," I ask in a soft tone, she smiles at me.

"I couldn't sleep," She answered, "Why are you awake?"

"I couldn't sleep either," I answered honestly, she frowned a little.

"Why do you think you can't sleep?" Emma asked, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I do not know," I answer, I grab my book and start reading from where I left off. Soon I notice that Emma is started to drift off to sleep, I pull her closer and whisper in her ear, "Goodnight darling,"

"Nigh-nigh Woki," Emma whispered, I smile.

(Sorry for short chapter)