1

A noisy beeping sounded next to me as I cracked open an eye. I pulled an arm out from under my blanket and let it land on my phone, which is where the alarm was coming from. 

6:30a.m

Time to get up, unfortunately. 

Groggily, I managed to roll out of bed and walk to the bathroom to start getting ready for the day. I had a full day of school and work ahead of me so its best not to delay the inevitable. 

It had officially been a week since the incident in the alley. I had yet to figure out who my rescuer was from that night. His parting statement had me scouring my brain for any recollection of meeting a handsome black haired man in years past. But nothing has been coming up. 

I was not giving up though. 

After showering, getting dressed, and eating a little breakfast, I grabbed my school bag and apartment keys. Before leaving though, I pick up a picture frame of my father in the living room, kiss it lightly and say goodbye to him. It's a habit I can't bring myself to stop doing. 

Once I was on my way to school, I texted Lili, asking if she would like to go out this afternoon since we both end our shifts early today. She wasn't immediately responding so I pocketed my phone and entered the front gate of my high school. 

I am finally in my senior year of high school. I still haven't figured out what I want to do after I graduate but I still have a bit of time to decide. I glance at my phone noticing that I have a few minutes before the bell rings so I run the rest of the way to my first class. 

I walk in and sit towards the back. I don't speak to many of the other students as it has been hard for me to make friends when rumors have gone around about me being associated with murderers. And if its not about murderers, its about my red hair. I'm not sure how or when they started but I wanted to stop coming to school after I my classmates began whispering behind my back. It has been hard enough after losing my father but as lonely as it is, I simply realized, it's easier being by myself. Father probably never wanted me to be an outcast at school but there isn't much I can do when people all think I'm cursed because of my hair. 

Thankfully, I do have the support of Ms. Gi-gan and Mr. Soo-won here at school. Ms. Gi-gan is my physical education instructor. She is strict and tough but understands me better than anyone else. She has listened to me when I have needed someone to talk to, before my father passed and after. I would not be where I am without her and I consider her my closest family member, even if we aren't related. 

Then there's Mr. Soo-won. He is both my history and favorite teacher. 

Why? 

Because I love him. 

He is handsome with long and silky light brown hair that he always ties back with a ribbon. His skin is creamy and smooth and he has stunning teal eyes that brighten when he is teaching. He is so warm, smart, and kind. There are many other girls that like him too but he always gives me more attention when I wait to talk with him after class. 

Even when father died, he was so sweet and caring when he would continually ask me if I was doing ok. I knew then, that when I graduate, I want to confess my feelings to him because I can't imagine loving any other guy than him. Just thinking about him makes me excited to see him next period. 

I spent the majority of my math class daydreaming about Soo-won and imagining him asking me on a date. So when the bell rang, it made me jump a bit. I quickly scribbled down the homework assignment that was on the board and rushed off to the class I was waiting for. 

This time though, I sat in the front row and the seat closest to Soo-won's desk. The other girls in class shot me glares but I didn't may them much mind as I quickly checked my appearance in a mirror I had in my bag.