Part 2

The inside of the venue was even more extravagant than the outside. Marble floors, heavy pristine columns, large glass windows, white french doors, lavish high ceilings with elegant detail. I stand at the top of the stairs and breath it all in. As i float down the stairs, eyes make their way onto me. Men stumble, and their women try return their attention to them. Several men quickly approach me, leaving their women, to offer me a glass or a dance or hand. As if i was unable myself.
"No thank you." I decline them with a candid smile. Presenting my hand in the air as a no. Reluctantly they leave, with women pulling them back by the arm.
Generously I walk to a punch bowl, pour myself a glass and bring it to my crimson lips. This tastes like shi- someone taps my shoulder. I swallow and with doe eyes, I turn around to see a young man, around my age, standing there. Just from first glance, i can see straight through him. He is the type of guy who appreciates life's simple pleasures; Well-grown trees, well-written books, well-build houses. The quiet-confident type who knows who they are and so does everyone else.
"Hello, i don't believe i've met you before. You dont go to this school, do you?" He says with as touch of skepticism in his baritone voice.
"Oh no i dont - Im just here with my date." I say. Candying my words.
"Oh sorry. I should of expected that. Who are you here with?"
"Just my boyfriend, Thomas Adair."
"Thomas Adair?" He finally grins which catches me  off guard.
"Is something funny?" I ask looking up at him.
"Darling, I'm Thomas Adair."