Chapter Twelve

Blair's eyes widened.

"You're joking," Blair said with a nervous laugh, "I can't be royalty. You have to be joking."

"Blair, I'm telling the truth. You really are royalty."

"No, I can't be. I don't want to be. So you can find a new heir to the throne cause I don't want to be a duchess, I can't be a duchess. I'm under enough stress already."
"It's not that easy," Bo-Katan explained, "Due to a technicality you're the rightful heir."

"Is there any way I can get out of this?" Blair asked.

"Well theoretically your mother did write a document relinquishing her rule but it was never found. If we find it it would be proof that your mother relinquished her rule and you would no longer be the heir."

"So we just have to find the document?" Blair asked, "That's it. We just find it and I'm out of this?"

"It's not entirely that easy but yes," Bo-Katan answered, "It would have to have your mother's signature as well as that of a member of the Mandalorian royal court. If it has all that, then yes. You'll be out of this."

"Will you help me find it?" Blair asked.

Bo-Katan hesitated before saying, "I'll try to find information for you but I have my own mission, good luck Blair. I'll find you if I find any information."

Bo-Katan walked into the shadows and out of sight.

"Woah," Luke said quietly, too stunned to say anything more, "I can't believe you're royalty."
"Yeah well I won't be for much longer," Blair said, "I'm going to find that document."

Luke took Blair's hand and held it as they walked back to the ship.