Chapter 14

KODY'S POV:

I got home from practice at about 5:15 because I stopped at McDonald's on the way from the rink. What? A girls gotta eat! My dad already knew where I was going since he was at practice when the boys asked me. I ran upstairs hopping in the shower washing my body and hair with strawberry scented body wash and shampoo. I get out at around 5:30 and run over to my closet. I quickly get dressed in a pair of dark cuffed skinny jeans, red white and blue Nike Trainers, and an Amerks jersey. I dry my hair choosing to leave it down in it's long natural waves. I throw on my black geek glasses and grab a small tan shoulder bag that goes across my chest. I put my phone, keys, and money inside and head downstairs. I grab my face paint off of the table and reach for the door handle. "Bye mom! Bye dad!" I yell opening the door and running outside. I walk next door to Miles' house and knock on the door. I hear footsteps and finally he opens the door. "Hey, I know I'm early but I was wondering if yo-" my words slowly fade away as I just now realize he's shirtless. My eyes travel around his very toned chest and stomach. "Ooo, I like that.." I mumble under my breath not being able to look away. "What?" he says confused. I clear my throat looking into his eyes. "Uh I was wondering if you wanted to do face paint with me." I ask holding up the bottles that I brought. "Sure, just let me finish getting dressed." he says smiling down at me. I smile back as he opens the door letting me inside. Man, I'm hungry. Yes I know I just ate but I'm always hungry. I should be fat honestly. I make my way to his kitchen and to his fridge grabbing a bottle of Gatorade and a bag of chips. "Kody? Where did you go?" I take a sip of Gatorade and open the bag of chips. "Robbing your fridge! I'm hungry!" I shout back shoving a hand full of chips into my mouth. I hear him laugh and can almost picture him shaking his head at me. "Okay, I'll be done in a sec" I grab my Gatorade off of the counter along with the chips and make my way to the living room. "Offay" I say with a mouth full of food as I pass him and plop down on the couch and grab the remote flipping through channels. I wonder if Spongebobs on. He comes down the stairs 5 minutes later hopping over the couch and grabbing my hands pulling me off of the coach and towards the den. I set the paint on the sink and take a seat on the stool. "You look really, really good Kody" he suddenly says looking embarrassed. I smile at him taking in his appearance. Is his jersey tucked inside of his boxers? His Spiderman boxers? Bruh. We all know Superman is the best. "You do to." I smile up at him. "You know, even with your jersey tucked inside of your Spiderman boxers." I say trying to hold in a laugh. He frowns in confusion looking down at his pants. His eyes widen and his cheeks flush as he frantically begins to pull his jersey out of his pants. I completely lost it, tears threatening to spill from my eyes as I clutch the sink beside me. Thank goodness I don't wear makeup, it would have been ruined. Oh my god I love this idiot. WOAH WOAH WOAH.... DID I JUST SAY LOVE??!!?