𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Camilo and Carla were twins. They were alike in many ways.

They loved food. They loved dancing. They loved to draw — even if they were absolutely horrible at it. They loved bedtime stories. They loved mischief. They loved their family and loved to make them smile.

There was a lot more, but the most prominent one was their obsession with chameleons.

To the point where they both became one on their fifth birthday.

But even if they were a lot alike, they were also different.

Camilo was a people person, Carla was not.

So on their fifth birthday, Camilo turned into a metaphorical chameleon, where he was given the gift of being able to change his appearance to please others, while Carla became a literal chameleon, being given the gift of actually disappearing and camouflaging into the background where others couldn't see her.

Camilo was also more confident, while Carla was shyer and reserved to people other than her family.

So on the same day they got their gifts, Camilo opened a door leading to his room full of mirrors, while Carla opened hers' to a room that was empty and void.

But despite having different personalities, they had an extremely close sibling bond and often relied on each other.

I shouldn't have even tried, but I kind of liked the idea so I did it anyway. As to what exactly that idea is, I wanted to use some Spanish words but I'm not actually Spanish nor Colombian and just looked up those words on the internet, so I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my lack of knowledge.