𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲

pairing: geralt of rivia x f!reader

word count: 1.5k

summary: Geralt finds you injured in the woods

warnings: soft!geralt, fluff, mention of blood and injuries, swearing (like only once tho), use of y/n once

You had expected this day to be different. You were supposed to help your uncle and learn more about herbology so that one day you would know as much as he does about taking care of people in the village. Not lying here on the slightly damp forest ground.

It would be a long walk back to the village, and your wounds and aches would not make it any easier. Your limbs felt heavy. Your body ached. And before you could fight back, you were defeated by tiredness.

Your eyes opened abruptly as you became aware of sounds coming closer and closer to you. A horse was coming towards you, on it an incredibly muscular man who looked familiar to you. You had never met him before, but when he came closer and you saw his bright amber eyes, you knew who he was, what he was.

When he saw you too, lying there on one of the big roots, he quickly got down.

"Wait here, Roach." he told his horse.

Fear came over you as he slowly approached you. "Please, don't hurt me." Your voice was soft, almost a whisper. But witchers could hear better than ordinary people, he had heard it clearly enough.

The witcher stopped for a second and seemed- offended? He shook his head slightly and looked you in the eyes.

"I won't hurt you." His voice was low. Incredibly deep. And it almost gave you goosebumps. He was terribly attractive, and his eyes both frightened and fascinated you.

He came closer and closer to you and you could only follow him with your eyes. Your fear had eased a little, but it wasn't completely gone. "It's not so bad," you said quietly as his eyes examined your wound. "I just need to rest a bit before I-" you made a hissing sound as he lifted the fabric covering the wound.

"You are not fine." he grumbled.
He knew you wouldn't be able to walk one step on your own without collapsing.

As the witcher walked to his horse and took an elixir-like vial from one of the pockets, he asked, "What happened to you, who did this?" his voice almost sounded angry. But not because of you.