Chapter 2

Marc had lesser classes that day so he decided he'd post pone his telling and head home early.

The thought of "what if I got interrupted for a reason"
He couldn't shake the idea of Alix and Nathaniel being soulmates or something from his head giving him a headache.

it made his insomnia much worse

#hcmarcgetsinsomnia

On the other hand Nathaniel was trying to find a way to apologise to Marc, he felt guilty and plus it wasn't the first time this happened. The thought of what Marc was always trying to say stood in the back of his mind but he ignored it.

"Marc I'm really sorry about earlier with Alix I genuinely forgot and I feel really bad cause this happens a lot but I promise to listen tomorrow"

"what are you always trying to say?"

sounds about right

Marc's phone pinging sounded way louder in his dead silent room. He glanced over briefly reading the message from Nathaniel only replying with a smiley face before shutting the message, normally he wouldn't but he didn't want those thoughts to come flooding back.

but they did anyways

Marc had a nack for overthinking, he'd try all kinds of solutions but it stayed with him.
He would normally watch a video or something like that if it was really bothering him but he wanted to think about Nathaniel and Alix.
I mean they did look like the perfect couple, their hair blending in perfectly like other shades of the same flower whilst Marc's was the opposite.
It wasn't just that, people would often get confused that Nathaniel and Alix were a couple, apparently they used to like each other, Nathaniel is basically the son-in-law to Alix' dad the list could go on.
It had to mean something, it had to mean they were at least a bit more than friends.

But with Marc's mind that's where the confusion happened, he'd never had a really best friend since he was a lot younger and his tendency or for him better known as fear was to stay away from people in fear he'd get left alone or abandoned.

It really muddled up his brain trying to figure out what was platonic and romantic

(italics are his thoughts)

"I mean why would it matter anyway what's the point of me trying to figure it out, it won't change anything, I still can't confess and if they do like each other what's it to me? It's not like I can change it it's not like it's hurting me"

Marc was incorrect there because it did hurt him