Queen To Be

I sat across from King Hades, eating my food. Trying not to stare at him. Soon, we were done eating, I looked over at him. His blood red eyes staring at me. "Why am I here?" I finally asked. After a couple of minutes of silence he answered. "You are here, Elanor.... because we are mates, and I want you to be my Queen." I was disgusted by the thought of being mated to another, that wasn't going to be Alex. I felt my wolf growl in anger, "I already have a mate." I said.

He laughed, "I do not see your mating marks. Or smell his scent on you." I just sat there thinking. "Any way we're going to be mated in five days on the full moon. When our powers are at the highest. " I looked at him confused. "I don't have powers." I said. "Yes, you do they are just hidden. You just haven't been asked to use them yet." That's when I felt coldness start to run up my legs, staying there for a minute. It was like his hands, were there, touching me. Then it started to go up my arms. Leading up to my neck, staying there, trying to ignore it.

I was about to say something, when the coldness disappeared. "If were done with dinner. May I go?" He looked at me, winking. "Yes, you may go." He clapped his hand. Studmuffin and Honeybun walked in. King Hades stood up, walking over to me. Pulling the chair out for me. He then stood in front of the guards. "Hurt her again. And I will kill both of you, got it?" Both of them nodded. Following and leading me back to my room.

Leaving them outside, shutting my door behind me. That's when I smelled a panther, a growl escaped me. I saw a panther's head pop up from the couch. The panther started to shift, and I realized it was Sarah. "You scared me." I said, gasping for air. She smiled walking over to me. "I brought you paper and pen. If you want to write a letter to someone." She said, winking at me. I grabbed the paper and pen from her, sitting at the couch and table.

I was about finished when I looked over at Sarah. "Who are you, really?" She walked over, sitting next to me. She took my hands in her hands. "Elanor, I was sent here to protect you. Edward, was worried about you. They are coming up with a plan to rescue you. But I don't know when they are coming." I then grabbed her into a hug. "Thank you..." She hugged me back.

"Sarah, they have to come in five days or I will be dead. King Hades wants me to do the mating ceremony, and I don' t know what's going to happen....I... Can you tell me what happen's during the mating ceremony." I asked. She looked me in the eyes. "Elanor, I will help you. We will get you out before the ceremony. But do you really want to know about the ceremony?" I nodded my head, Sarah sighed. "It's a scary process, I've seen it before. This isn't King Hades first mating ceremony. You first do the traditional ceremony where you get married. But then there is the private ceremony with your husband. That's when you both mark each other. Each pair of mates have different marks. Like some people have tattoos, eye coloring, wolf coloring. But most people have the tattoos on their backs. They are invisible except for your mate. So only your true mate can see the mark. That is all to the mating ceremony." Sarah said, leaning back. Watching me, I looked into her eyes.

"I will not be mated to him, I can tell you that." I said with anger. My wolf started to come out a little. I saw in the mirror my midnight blue eyes starting to glow. I closed my eyes, trying to get control of myself. Sarah laid a hand on my shoulder. "Elanor, I have to go." I nodded, hearing her then leave the room. I opened my eyes, walking to my closet. Changing into a short sleeved shirt and shorts. Climbing into bed, that night I had nightmares about being mated to King Hades.