chap1. kellerman's mountain resort

chapter one

After several hours in a car filled with bags, mainly Lisa's as I only took one suitcase just double the size as I saw the sign that said 'Kellerman's Mountain Resort.' I had never been the favourite child considering I chose dance as a profession and I wear clothes that are completely inappropriate for me even though I'm 19 and should be able to pick what I wear, my parents and Lisa always looked down on me but Baby admired it.

I rested my head on Baby's shoulder as I picked at my cardigan sleeves to cover up my tight beige tank top which was tucked into my short and tight white skirt.

"Hayley, make sure you act respectable considering you disrespect us with your clothing choice." Father commented as we turned into the Resort.

"Mhm." I simply nodded as I rolled my eyes looking out of the view and seeing the massive hotel as Baby laughed and rested her head on top of mine.

We pulled into the Resort and parked up as my dad climbed out of the car and so did my mom but I couldn't be bothered to move yet and neither could Baby but Lisa scoffed and flipped her hair before getting out the car and slamming the door making me sigh.

"Oh my god, I should have brought those coral shoes!" Lisa complained while talking to mom through as Baby climbed out the car as I followed after her.

"Sweetheart, you brought over ten pairs!" Mom commented back before looking at the view.

"Shit, it's so warm." I complained as I took my grey oversized cardigan off and passed it to Baby as she wanted to wear it.

"Horseshoes on the south lawn in 15 minutes." A man shouted through a speakerphone as he trailed along the grass.

"Put your cardigan on, you look like a slut." Lisa said as she patted her dress down as I stuck my middle finger up at her.

"Girls, don't argue." Mom replied as she saw my reaction to the comment as I pulled my skirt up  slightly higher and pulled my top down to reveal my cleavage as I smirked at her.

"Doc!" Mr Kellerman exclaimed as he walked over catching mine and Baby's attention as we stood next to our parents.

"Max." My father replied as the boy stood next to him nodded his head.

"After all these years, I managed to finally get you up on my mountain." Kellerman spoke proudly as him and my father shook hands.

"These must be your daughters." He added as he smiled at us but then stopped at me when he saw my attire, Baby took my cardigan off my placed it on my shoulder's giving a smile.

"Billy, get the bags." Kellerman spoke as he continued to chat to my father as I followed shortly behind Billy.

I tossed my cardigan back to Baby as she laughed. "I assume, Kellerman gave you a dirty look?" Billy spoke as we got the bags out of the car.

"Not very friendly, is he always like that?" I answered as Baby helped collect our bags swell.

"He's a very proud and respectable man, I don't see anything wrong with what you're wearing besides the style suits you so don't let it bother you." He replied as we started walking back to Kellerman and I gave a small smile.

"Their is a merengue class in the gazebo room, why don't you all join?" Kellerman suggested and he patted my father on the back.

"I'm sure Hayley would love that, considering she's a professional dancer." Lisa said catching Kellerman's attention as I rolled my eyes at Lisa.

"A professional dancer, you might want to think about signing up for a job here." He joked as he looked at me.

"It's our first real vacation in six years, please take it easy." My mom joked as I headed off with Billy down to the merengue class.