Chill

Long summer nights , parties at the swimming hole and at the Grill were a few of the things Y/N was looking forward to after her first year at college. All her friends and she had gathered at the Grill , laughing and just enjoying each other’s company and everything was fine until Kai showed up. It wasn’t like she didn’t like him , because she did more than she cared to admit. There was something about him that drew her in like a magnet since day one but for the past few weeks he had been all over her , constantly saying she is too serious and that she needs to ‘chill’. Y/N was starting to get tired of listening to him going on and on about it.

  “Hey guys.” said Kai smiling widely , holding his drink in one hand and the other in his pocket. “Ahh Y/N , I didn’t think I’d see you here. Why do you have that scrunched forehead super serious look again ? It’s driving me nuts. It’s a party. Loosen up have some fun.”

Y/N clenched her jaw for a moment taking a step towards him. A playful smile spread on her face and she trailed her fingers across his chest. There was no need for her to look at her friends to know they are looking at her as if she had lost her mind. Who knew , maybe she had but if he was going to get on her nerves –

  “I do –” she said biting her lip. “– have fun. With people I like.”
Kai took a step towards her until their bodies almost pressed against each other.

    “Does that mean you don’t like me?”

  “Always so full of yourself …” she trailed off taking a sip from her club soda.

    “I am just concerned you are missing out on the fun part of life.” he said with concern / worry in his voice but also a hint of amusement. “Always so serious - ”

    “I am not serious.”

    “ - too serious for your own good. I bet you don’t even know how to drink. That is to be expected , you know – since all you ever drink is water.”

Her friends kept glancing between them trying to figure out what was happening and probably picking up on her heartbeat because they looked at her with confusion and a little shock in their eyes.

  “Is that a challenge ?” she wondered unable to tear her eyes away from his.

  “It’s the facts.” replied Kai taking a sip from his drink. “You need to -”

  “Chill.” said Caroline placing a hand on Y/N’s shoulder seeing how at any moment she might try and strangle Kai. “He is just trying to get on your nerves.”

  “Yeah , Y/N. Chill.”

  “I will str-… ” she took  a deep breath trying to calm down , slipping her empty glass on the table. “You want me to chill ? Alright … Let’s do tequila shots.”

  “OH you do not want to see me on tequila -”

    “Come on Malachai … chill.” she smiled innocently at him. “Whoops , did I hit a nerve or something ?”

    “You are so on sweet cheeks.” he smirked at her , placing his hand on her back pushing her through the crowd towards the bed. His name sounded different when she said it , he almost liked it. Y/N pushed his hand away but that didn’t stop him from placing it on her back again.

Kai sat on one of the stools motioning for the bartender barely taking his eyes off her. Y/N was wearing a short t-shirt , ripped in the knees jeans and converses with her hair pulled in a loose side ponytail and he couldn’t help himself but reach to touch it for a few seconds.

    “I need to see her ID.” said the bartender pointing at Y/N who was smiling innocently , batting her eyelashes at Kai who looked her up and down seeing her press her lips together for a few seconds lightly licking them afterwards. Was he imagining it or did she really liked how he was looking at her in that moment ? No , not possible.

  “No. You don’t. Now get us two rounds of tequ-.”