𝟬𝟬𝟮 the return of cobra kai

CHAPTER TWO,
the return of cobra kai

꧁꧂

THE NEXT DAY had been just the same. Scarlett and her mother would ignore each other, and both stayed inside their tiny apartment all day. Her mother could never keep a job, considering no place of occupation could keep her attitude in check, explaining why she stayed sitting on the same recliner all day, every day, drinking her day away.

Scarlett, on the other hand, had no choice but to stay home. It was summer, and most kids her age had a summer job, but she was too lazy for that kind of maturity, so she stayed home, inside her room that stunk of people's garbage. In a twisted way, Scarlett and her mother were just alike. Well, Scarlett was her mother's daughter, after all.

For that reason, the two decided to stay away from one another, because they had been more alike than they would have chosen to be.

The red-head had just woken up, and her mother was already on about taking the trash to the garbage bins. Slamming the door out of anger, Scarlett held the trash bag in her hand and made her way to the dumpsters. When the fly-infested dumpsters came into view, so had the scrawny Mexican boy from the last few days.

"Oh, hey, Miguel." Scarlett greeted, using her arm strength to throw the trash into the big can. The raven-haired boy turned his head, looking for the voice that called his name.

Once his eyes landed on the petite red-head just a few feet away, he smiled, "Hey ━" He started but paused, hinting that he hadn't known the girl's name.

Scarlett knitted her brows, "Oh," She laughed. "Scarlett." The girl introduced herself, acknowledging she hadn't given Miguel her name yet.

Miguel grinned, "Hey, Scarlett." He greeted, making finger guns with both his hands and pointing them at the red-head. The pair fell silent, staring at each other awkwardly, not sure of what to say next.

"Are you sure you're ready?" The man, Johnny, spoke, suddenly appearing behind the pair, causing them to jump. "Cause once you go down this path, there's no going back."

Miguel and Scarlett looked at one another, a confused look in their eyes. "You're going to be our Karate teacher?" Miguel asked, his voice rising in excitement.

"No,"

Scarlett cocked her head to the side, confused. "I'm going to be your Sensei." Johnny corrected, looking back and forth between the two teenagers who stood with shocked looks on their faces.

Miguel could no longer hide the smile plastered on his face, looking to Scarlett, whose face held a smirk. Miguel shot his hand toward the red-head, palm up, as Scarlett slapped her hand against his.

        Johnny continued, his voice low and serious. "I'm going to teach both of you the style of karate that was taught to me, a method of fighting your pussy generation desperately needs. I'm not just going to teach you how to conquer your fears. I'm going to teach you how to awake the snake within you. And once you do that, you'll be the one who's feared. You'll build strength. You'll learn discipline. And when the time is right, you'll strike back."

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

       "So am I going to get the Karate pajamas too?" Miguel asked anxiously, rocking on his heels.