Nine

Kailyn POV

I sat cross-legged on the dojo floor and clicked my tongue, blurring Tyson's words out of my ear. I felt a smack on the side of my shoulder as I jumped and glared at Tyson. "What did Ray mean?" He whispered.

"Do I look like Ray to you!" I screamed,his idiotic words finally getting the best of me. The team paused and looked at us sitting in the corner of the Dojo. "You'll are talking about me?" Ray pointed at himself. "Yes!Now extinguish the fire you started!" I yelled angrily, getting up and gesturing childishly at him. I heard Tyson laugh behind me and saw Ray laughing while walking at me.

I rolled my eyes and walked away when I felt Ray's arm wrap around my front shoulder and pulling me i to a short hug. "Don't get mad at me. I have to do my best to get my friends together and you know that" He whispered, releasing me from the hug and winking at me.

"You could have told that to me normally" I said irritated. Ray slightly glanced at Kai and walked away. A firey and stone-hard expression flashed across Kai's face as he turned and slammed the door, going to the back garden.

"I succeed" Ray mockingly commented, sliding down the wooden wall and sticking his tongue out at me. "One more word and I will rip you apart!" I yelled, receiving only laughter in response.

"What's up with the captain?" Hilary asked, gulping down the glass of water. "I don't know. He's always like that so I am sure we don't have to worry" Tyson shrugged. "Is it really nothing?" Ray asked, looking over at me.

"What?" I barked at him.

"Go and talk to him. You are the manager" Ray said casually. I looked at him dead in the eye and when I was about to slide in a slicky reply,Hilary pushed me to the door. "We have a huge challenge ahead of us and captain getting all....sassy?" It came out as a question.

"You all are acting like he is a volcano or something" I mumbled. "He isn't?" Max asked innocently. I laughed and ruffled his hair before opening the door and stepping outside closing the door lighter this time. My eyes fell on Kai, having a tensed body language,his hands resting tightly against the floor board.

"Hey, everything okay?" I asked, sitting beside him in a respectful distance. He looked at him and shook his head as a yes. "Is the practice getting to you?" He shook his head as a no.

"Then?"

"I don't know,I feel agitated and annoyed" Kai gritted his teeth, wrinkles forming on his forehead. "I am sure it's the tiredness from the intense training Hilary made us face" I assured him.

"It isn't. This discomfort arises when I see you and Ray together. There is this burning sensation in my stomach that I am failing to identify and I absolutely hate it when I don't have a solution to my problem."

I felt myself freeze before I fully registered what he had said.

"Don't go around thinking I am some creep" Kai added on. "Oh I don't." I said defensively as I set my eyes on the pond in front of me with my hands resting on my sides.

"Do you mind getting Ray for me?" Kai asked, shifting his gaze at me. My mouth opened but nothing came out so I just nodded at his words and stood up,the feeling of excitement clear in my system. Did Kai actually feel the same?

I slid open the door and walked in. "Kai is asking for you" I informed Ray, walking to the room shared by me and Hilary. Ray's confusion was clear and he couldn't clear it when Kailyn walked away without waiting for a reply so he helped himself up and walked out.

Ray POV

"Yes Kai?" I asked, closing the door behind me. Kai turned his head and sighed, standing up and leaning against the wooden pillar. "Uh..well..I don't know how to say..I mean" I widened my eyes at his nervous dementor.