Summer Nightmares

"We'll have your test results in later and we'll call you directly," the doctor informed me.

"Okay that's fine with me," I answered and gave them a nod.

"Alright but no sexual activities until we get your results and go over them," she teased.

"You don't have to worry about that," I scoff.

"Great. So if you don't have any further questions that will be it," the doctor says with a pensive look.

"Well...I do have one," I say timidly.

"Can you get an STD from being with a girl?" I say quietly.

The look one the doc's face told me I took her by surprise but she composed herself and answered my question.

"It is possible but not really one hundred percent sure of it. It's rare when we get girls coming in asking about this," she informs me.

"But I'm positively sure you do not have anything to worry about, " she said giving me a reassuring smile.

I give her a nod and say thanks, as I made my way out of her office. Walking into the lobby I see an anxious Krystal biting on her lip and leg just bouncing out of control. I walk up to her and watch as her eyes flash up to me and the worry seeping in more into her eyes.

"What did she say?" She asked ugently.

"Nothing, " I shrug and turn to walk out of the building.

I could hear the pitter patter of her feet behind me, as we made our way to her car.

"You're not going to tell me what she said?" Krystal asked as she started up the car.

"There's nothing to say," I simply say.

She seemed to take the hint, that I didn't want to speak to her and wasn't ready to talk about whatever was going on. I know it wasn't her fault, that this happen to us but I was upset at the fact she didn't tell me sooner. How can you keep something like this from someone you cared about.

I let out a sigh and asked, "Have you told Danny or Sam about this?"

She didn't answer right away but eventually answered, "I've told Sam but she told me she gets annual check ups because she's on the soccer team so, she's clean."

I nod and say, "and Danny?"

"I haven't spoken to him yet," she said through gritted teeth.

"You have too," I say.

"Why should I?" She retorted.

"Because he could give it to someone else Krystal! " I snap.

She stayed silent for a while, until I heard her whisper, "it's not supposed to be this way."

"No its not," I say aloud.

We rode in silence and the tension seemed to be setting it's way into our relationship. This STD problem was eating Krystal away and the thought of me kissing Junior was making my stomach turn. I wanted to tell her and now seemed to be an okay time, seeing as everything was blowing up in our faces.

Once we were driving up to the guys place, we sat there for a while and let the sounds of our breathing fill our ears.

"Krystal, I need to tell you something," I say histantly.

"What's up?" She asked, putting her keys in her purse.

It was now or never Jessie.

"...I kissed Junior," I say quickly.