Monologion (2017)

MONOLOGION (2017)
Part One of Two 

In the little corners of Waiting Shed 16, a theology seminarian and a college junior find themselves talking about their dreams, fears, and regrets... until it evolves into something more.

Everybody expects Anselmo Guevarra to be ordained. Born to a conservative Catholic family, he spent most of his youth in the seminary, working tirelessly to become the only clergyman of his family's current generation. However, what people do not know is that being a priest is not his dream—and walking towards the vocation is eating his life, little by little.

Conversely, nobody anticipates Erasme Ferrera to achieve anything. After switching universities during her junior year, she finds herself adrift, lacking a clear path to follow—except for her involvement with a questionable man, from whom she secretly seeks love, affection, and validation.

After meeting each other in 2017, Selmo becomes privy to Era's secret... and Era catches a glimpse of Selmo's cracks.

And in the little corners of Waiting Shed 16, they find themselves sharing their apprehensions, dreams, and regrets—unaware that the trajectory of their lives are about to be changed, forever.

keywords

seminarian/student, older man/younger woman, university life, vocation discernment, spiritual gaps, power imbalance, questionable pairings, mental health issues (MHI)

disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, places, and events are only used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance is purely coincidental.

This story has morally reprehensible content. Please read at your own discretion.

notes

THIS IS IN DIALOGUE FORMAT. No narrations and little-to-no "usual" epistolary writing. This story also has no media content as well.

04 July 2022 - 31 January 2023