Reunion at Gloria's Bar

Chicago, 1920

Katerina Petrova, otherwise known as Katherine Pierce, has had the best times of her life ever since she left Mystic Falls in 1864.

She made acquaintances, attended balls, met some interesting men and danced like she never did before in nightclubs.

You might ask, dear readers, the dreaded question:

How come she is having the time of her life with Klaus Mikaelson hot on her tails?

Well, for once, the transmigrated girl has had enough of running away. Not that she isn't scared. Only a fool will underestimate the extent to which the hybrid-to-be would go to exact his petty revenge. She is no fool. But then, Canon Katherine has many connections and so much money to be spent. Who is she to say no to such an opportunity, what with her unknown origins and inability to remember her past life.

She has just arrived at Chicago after much pleading from her once witch, Emily Bennett. The latter had informed her of Stefan's continuous efforts in locating her, having herself no idea why. So, her generous and gracious self has deemed it time to meet with the younger Salvatore brother.

And that is why she is at Gloria's, knowing full well it is his usual choice of a bar.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

She was at the corner admiring a handsome bartender, Rick. Their relationship is weird. He provides her with blood fresh from the vein, and she supplies him with vampire blood on a regular basis. Is this what they call "friends with benefits"? She supposed not.

Rick was average to say the least. His most attractive attribute is his eyes. They are hazel, almost transparent when in direct contact with light. That was what drew her in a year ago, when they met for the first time in this same bar.

Right then, he looked up at her, having just finished with his client, and smiled at her. She tilted her head sideways, indicating it is time and he nodded subtly, his smile widening.

One must know that this man is not head over heels over the brunette. He is aware that their relationship is based on the principle of exchange. There is neither heartache nor attachement involved in such relationship. But he cannot help but become familiar with her, used to her presence in his life.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

She pushed him on the wall and immediately latched onto his throat. It has been days since the last time she fed, and her immediate response to the beat of his heart and the taste of his blood is enough indication of her thirst.

He held her up, holding in a satisfied sigh. Indeed, he has fallen into the pit of addiction.

Suddenly, Katherine pushed him away. Ah, she is restraining herself. She does this every time she realizes she will not stop until he is dead and bloodless, something he appreciates for it alleviates his fear and increases his trust in her.

"I have had my fill, now it is your turn." She announced, pulling a small knife from her purse and making a small incision on her palm.

Rick took the offered hand and drank eagerly to the point of dizziness. She removed her palm from his mouth, having realized he was so far lost in the blood to stop.

"Enough, Rick. Too much is as bad as too little." She wiped his bloodstained lips, pecked him on the cheek then turned around, only to find herself face-to-face with Stefan Salvatore.

They have finally met.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

Stefan took a look at the man leaning by the wall then at the vampire brunette. She has not changed, not one bit.

He has finally taken hold of her location. After his conversation with Lexi a month ago, he had started frequenting Gloria's Bar again (he did stop for a while in order to spend time with Lexi). Tonight is his lucky night. He had just stepped into the bar when one of the bartenders whom he had pestered before about Katherine informed him that she is there.

He was overjoyed. His search is finally over. But after the joy came the dread. What if she does not want to be found? Or, what if she does not want to be found by him, in particular? Such questions made him reluctant to go on with the long-awaited reunion.

He stepped out to the back alley, a well-known place to hide, and that is when he saw her. She was attached to a man's neck, obviously feeding, then she removed herself by force and fed him her blood. That was when he decided to intervene. This might be his only chance to see her.

"Long time no see," he said.

She tilted her head sideways, the same way she did years ago, and smiled.

"Indeed. Long time no see, Stefan."