'TILL WE MEET AGAIN

CHAPTER 1:

Another sunrise, another day in Mondstadt. Cavalry Captain Kaeya Alberich went over to Starsnatch Cliff, as usual. Bringing all the documents needed for monthly security check. Climbing up the cliffs, he finally found her. Ilse Braunstorm, Chief of The Attack Unit, Knights of Favonius, his supervisor.

"Having breakfast up here again?"

She chuckled. "Do you not know how to greet your senior?"

"Pardon me. Good morning, Chief Ilse Braunstorm."

"Heh, c'mere. Sit down and have this cup of tea with me. The view is nice, after all."

"No thanks, I'm only here to give you the documents." He put the documents down beside her, didn't even sit down and chuckled. "I wouldn't want to be caught with his ex, anyways," he said before walking away.

She only chuckled and sipped her cup of tea. "Your choice."

The morning came and went by in a blink of an eye. Without realizing it, the sunrise was already near. Which means, it was time for the cavalry to return from the adventure in Dragonspine. As expected, Kaeya and albedo lead them all the way from Dragonspine to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters.

"We are back, Master Ilse!" Said one of the squad captain from the cavalry.

"Welcome back. Especially you, Chief Alchemist. By the way, is it just me or do I always see you two together? Mind explaining to me, Cavalry Captain Alberich?"

"Uhm, about that..." both Kaeya and Albedo immediately looked away from each other in awkwardness.

"Suspicious. But I wish not to intervene more. I simply have no interest in whatever is going on between you two. All knights, dismissed." She walked away.

"She hasn't changed, has she?" Albedo chuckled lightly.

"Well, as you can see... not much of an improvement," Jean answered. "Though I have to say I agree with her question. Why are you two always together?"

"Is there something you don't wish to tell us?" Lisa asked with a snicker look on her face.

"You know what, I'm done with this. I'm tired, where's Klee?"

"MISTER ALBEDO...!! You're back!" Klee instantly hugged him.

From the corner of her window, she could see and hear their voices clearly. She let herself fall onto the ground and sighed deeply. All she could do was leet all the burden out through her tears. All she wanted was to go back to the past. The past when he was still the Diluc she knew. The youngest candidate in Knights of Favonius to ever become a cavalry captain, also the first and younger knight to ever receive a vision.

Unfortunately, everything went south when Diluc's father, Crepus was killed by the situation that forced him to use his delusion in order to protect himself and his son, Diluc. Despite trying so hard to fight the danger sent by The Fatui, he was killed nevertheless in the end. The horror nightmare haunted Diluc to this very day. He had to watch his father, the man whom he looked up to the most, died in front of his own eyes. Following the incident, Diluc resigned from the Knights of Favonius then disappeared from Mondstadt. After so long, he finally came back, but not as the Diluc she Ilse knew.  

CHAPTER 2:

"I wonder, what kind of world you see through those eyes of yours?" Diluc asked as both him and Ilse watched the sunset at Starsnatch Cliff, like usual.