Blurb, Copyright, and Content Warning

Slow Sparks by Violet Bloom

Copyright © 2022 Violet Bloom

All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the publisher.

Content Warning: This book contains subject matter that may be triggering or inappropriate for some audiences: fat-phobia, eating disorders, graphic descriptions of sex, alcoholism, and grief.

Blurb:

Bonnie Ferris has always been a daddy's girl. In her father's eyes, no man has ever been or will ever be good enough for her. He made an exception when she got engaged to a high profile attorney. But when Bonnie comes home from work early and finds her fiancee in bed with one of his personal training clients, she runs back home. Even broken-hearted she doesn't let that damper her high-spirited personality, but she doesn't tell her father right away when she goes back home, keeping her broken heart a secret.

Her dad tells everyone she's engaged, and makes it clear that even if she wasn't, she'd be off limits.

But that doesn't stop Bonnie from finding one of her dad's employees interesting.

Alejandro Castela is a first generation American, born to Cuban immigrants. He's grumpy, stoic, and laconic. When he does speak, he's as grouchy as they come. He's a brilliant mechanic and like no man Bonnie has ever met before.

She just can't figure him out. He's not like the other guys that work for her dad. He doesn't check her out, flirt with her or hit on her, and he's the only one she wants the attention from. 

Eventually, she finds out he's got his own reasons to be cautious in love.

With the odds stacked against them, a disapproving father, an ex-fiancee that won't stay away, and colliding personalities, will sparks fly? Even if they take a little time to ignite, or will they burn out too quick to even start?