Chapter - 7 : " To Greive For The Dead And To Seek The Living. "

It had been two continuous days since Dazai hadn't showed up at work and Kunikida had been constantly restless wondering as to what exactly was going on. Neither Fukuzawa nor anyone else bothered to tell him about his missing partner not did he gather up the courage to ask. Why should he after all? He was just a work colleague right??

Yet, the lingering silence was creeping inside the lone poet, bothersome enough to have him open his diary again to rest his worries on.

»»---->

"To my diary,

The office was unusually silent today. All I could hear was the sound of the laptop keys being smashed as I typed my reports. For a fact, I was able to complete all my work without being interrupted - which would have made me really happy on usual basis but....
I lifted my head up and I couldn't see a face I wanted to see. It - it made my heart sink. I turned around and didn't see someone pulling annoying pranks on me....It made me feel empty.

In the lunchtime, I asked the president if there were any specific notices given to him and he said
"nothing much to worry about."

It looked like he didn't mind the absence as I was.....and so, I didn't mind forcing the thought on him as well.

I - I'm not even able to say his name out from my lips. It just hurts so much, I don't know why. I feel pathetic to be missing something that ,in the first place, wasn't even supposed to be mine."
.
.
.

He dropped the pen in his hand as he got lost in his thoughts. He rested his chin on his fist as he gazed blankly at the window with his other hand unconsciously reaching for his phone in his pocket.

No messages. No phone calls. All he had in the history of that specific number was two un-picked calls.

After two days of not hearing from his work partner, he swallowed his pride and took the efforts to give him a ring, he needed some answers after all-

"... The number you're dialling is not answering. Please try again-"

Those lines were all he got everytime he did so making his heart squirm in ache.

He sighed and decided to distracted himself with work. He opened the laptop in front of him and started to check for official e-mails. He kept scrolling the bright screen in front of him until his eyes stopped at a specific inbox-

" Serial suicide.... "

He inhaled sharply as he realised this could be bigger than it looked on the glowing screen. He quickly grabbed his flip phone and sent a general message to everyone in the agency regarding a scheduled meeting to be held tomorrow which required everyone's presence... Everyone's.....

After making sure he had sent the message and read all the important e-mails , he rubbed his eyes gently yawning and stretching before pushing his chair back and going to the bed. He pulled the blanket up to his neck as tried to sleep hoping that he'd see a face he hasn't seen in a while.

______

"Yare yare Odasaku~ you make me walk all the way up here... At least have a little mercy on my legs.... How will I be able to seduce women if they stopped working?? "

The brunette giggled as he sat down leaning against a grave stone in the frosty morning. The cold air tickled his nose as he inhaled long breaths.

The gravestone titled 'S. Oda',stood out amongst all the other... Dug on a lang higher than the rest, under a calming tree.... It looked lonely yet prideful. Like someone who had his respect higher than any other... Someone who had ideals too heavy for anyone else to carry. A beautiful visual definition of 'majestic'.