Chapter Twenty-Five: The Morning After

The Morning After

Lori woke up early the next day, if you could call such a thing waking. It was more like her head was being split by jackhammers wielded by a construction crew from the Jersey shore. Moaning she lifted her head ever so slightly off the pillow, turning to look around the room.

Big mistake she groaned as her head fell back – even that small movement felt like a cinderblock crashing inside her skull.

Carefully she opened one eye and stared at the ceiling for a few seconds trying to regroup. The sun was up but didn’t seem very high in the sky if the shadows in the room were any indication. Then again, she wasn’t really an expert at telling time without an actual watch, so maybe it was. No, she was pretty sure it was still early. She’d always been an early riser, and even without more than an hour or two of sleep she couldn’t change her genetic make-up. Her inner clock was pretty positive it wasn’t 7am just yet.

Lori usually used this time to reflect on different aspects of her life: jobs she hated, boyfriends who turned out to be gay, bills that needed to be paid or pushed off another month at the very least. This morning the only thing her brain wanted to expend any energy on was the fantabulous sex she’d had all night long with the king of Wolfgard.

Good God, the man had the stamina of a superhero – not that she was complaining any. After the craziness of their first time, he’d given her a few minutes to collect the shattered remains of her prudish dignity, before proceeding to strip her of it again as he made slow, sweet love to her for a second time.

If the first time had been a level five tropical storm, then the second go round had been a mild shower in the middle of a hot, dry summer. He was gentle and generous and seemed fascinated with learning all the sounds she could make. It was exploratory sex – the kind that was more about the discovery of another’s body than the heady rush of the first time. When she’d finally climaxed, it’d felt like a slow burn, travelling from her head down to her curled toes.

It was exquisite and perfect.

It was also after this second time that she’d finally fallen into a dark slumber. Lori wasn’t sure how long Eric had let her sleep before waking her up for another round of lovemaking. This last time he’d been more demanding, almost desperate in his need to be inside her. She couldn’t be positive but it’d almost felt like he was trying to prove she was really there. He’d held onto her tightly, almost painfully, as he filled her up completely. She’d wrapped her arms around him, feeling their hearts beating to the same rhythm before falling asleep in his arms sated and utterly exhausted.      

Lori had just decided on a second attack on the day when the door burst open and Aiden stormed into the room.

“Eric! Wake up, we need…och, lass!”

Lori squeaked as she scrambled to throw one of her skirts over her naked torso and Aiden stammered out a rushed apology. He turned around so his back was to her, but she could still hear the smile plastered on his face as he apologized for the intrusion. When he was done chortling out his pathetic excuse for an apology he called out Eric’s name yet again.   

“Go away, Aiden,” Eric grumbled sleepily, reaching for Lori and pulling her back down against him.

Any hint of amusement Aiden had with catching Lori half naked disappeared now that he had Eric’s attention, “The Fenrir are gone, cousin.”