Part 68

Dear diary,
I turned around to face Mikael, my body shaking but my mind still. I wasn't afraid of death, I was afraid that he would win. I knew I needed to act fast. Marcel was trapped in the burning church, set aflame by Mikael. The rest of my family on the run from him. "Oh come on, let me in" he said sourly as he walked up to the door. His shoes just touching the front entrance. He leaned his fist against the frame work of the building. "If you don't... I'll have all of New Orleans set flame, would you really like to carry that burden?" He sarcastic smirked. I knew he was taunting me, trying to get into my head. So I made him believe his tricks were working. "Alright" I shrugged allowing him in. He hesitate for a second. I could see it in his face, he didn't even try to hide the fact that he was worried. Wondering if I was lying. Then he took his first step inside the house. Without a thought crossing his face he ran towards me. He was much faster than Klaus and the others. I quickly dodge him running to look the back down, the door Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah had left though. I wanted him off their trail as long as possible. But I wasn't a vampire, my speed was human-like. Mikael easily caught me as I locked the first lock. He placed his cold dead hand on my shoulder, forcing me to turn around. He slammed my back onto the door, causing my heart to race. "Aww are you scared?" He pouted as he pressed his elbow against my neck, pinning me to the door. My eyes darted across the room looking for a way out. Then I saw it, my best option. "Of you... never" I said with a pause my eyes peering over at the stain glass windows. I watched as they shattered. My best trick. The glass flew in every direction including towards me and Mikael. He pulled away from me, covering his face from the flying pieces of glass. I did the opposite. I ran to the front entrance of the house. I could feel my skin rip as pieces of glass lodged themselves into my face, but I ignored the pain. I tripped on the stairs as I ran out of the house. I fell to my knees on the concrete outside. Blood dripped from my face as I reached for the glass. As I slowly took them out my blood raced to the ground causing 3 perfectly formed circles in the concrete. I reached up to my face feeling my cheek where the cuts were made, my skin was stitch itself back together... healing. Suddenly Mikael grabbed the back of my tank top, I could feel his shadow behind me. He used it to flip me onto my back. I felt bear in my tank top and shorts in front of the public but for the 20's, I dressed pretty modestly. "I got you now. Here is no where to turn to. No one is going to save you this time" he laughed dramatically pulling the white oak stake for this pocket, running his fingertips across the smooth sanded stake. But it was hard to focus on him when there was another whispering in my ear. "You know what you have to do, he has you beat and we both know he will kill thousands of innocents just to find them. Grace listen to me. This plan is dangerous but, I need you to scream" she whispered. I knew I shouldn't listen to her, but she was right. How many people would Mikael kill just to have what he wanted? I wouldn't let the question be answered. So I did. I screamed.