Chapter 3

Joie CheavesHarrisburg, PV6:45 am

Joie Cheaves
Harrisburg, PV
6:45 am

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

I reached over and turned off my alarm and got up and went into my connect bathroom. After brushing my teeth and wiping my face, I turned on the shower and in dressed while it got hot. I hopped in and washed my body and got out.

I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into my room to moisturize my skin. When I was done I picked out the clothes I was going to wear. I decided on some Jean shorts that had rips and a brown scarf shirt.

Once I put my clothes on I sat at my vanity and turned on my flat irons. While those got hot I went down stairs to get some breakfast before I go to work.

When I walked down stairs I turned on the light and went in the fridge I while humming a song. I started twerking and sticking my tongue out still humming.

"That must be yo song" I heard someone say causing me to jump up and turn around.

I let out a breath when I seen Kai sitting at the table eating some grapes.

"What the hell.... You scared the shit outta me." I mugged him while he laughed.

"Why you up this early anyway?" I questioned.

"Gotta go to the shop to do inventory." He said while putting the grapes in the fridge. "What you got going on today" he asked standing close as hell.

"Nothing really just gotta get my hair lash business jumping since I just moved out here. I need to find some clientele" I said looking at my fingers.

"I like eye contact when I'm having a conversation" he said while putting his finger under my chin and lifting my head. "Shows that I'm paying attention to what you saying." He licked his lips.

I  looked down playing with my fingers. "Well I don't"

"Hmmmm" he said deciding not to speak on it. "Give me yo number I'm picking up some food when I come back from the shop."

"What do you need my number for" I asked quietly.

"So you can text me yo Oder mama" he said chuckling.

"Awe sorry" I said shyly typing my  number in his phone and saving it as
Joie💓 then handing him his phone back.

"Ight imma catch you lata mama" he said walking outta the kitchen.

Once I heard the front door close I went up stairs and flat ironed through my hair.

when I was done I went in Instagram I  made a new one. I deleted my old one because I don't need Jaylen finding out where I am.

I started posting my work and using hashtags. Once I was done I had about 100 followers. I put my phone down and went in my closet and decided to go to the mall cause I haven't went shopping since I got down here.