chapter i - fairy tales

She loved fairy tales.

The princesses, the magic, the happy ever afters, it was everything a child would love. It was everything she loved.

She would put on pretty dresses and have little tea parties by the lake, or she'd sit by a tree and tell it her favorite stories. Her world evolved around them, and she always wanted to have a fairy tale of her own

"Lilia, honey, time for bed!" A gentle voice called

A little girl came running into the room, her bare feet making sound with the floorboards.

 ''Mom, can you read me the rest of the story?'' the girl said as her mother put her to bed, tucking her neatly under the soft, sage green covers. 

''You want to hear more about Ceare?''

Lilia nodded, her grabbing a book from the bedside table.  She sat on a chair across from the bed, opening the marked page. 

The Infinites - the title glowed silver on the cover. In the center was a golden, embedded shape, similar to the infinity symbol. The cover itself looked like a vine-covered tree, with seven bright-colored gems standing on the bottom. 

Lilia was fascinated by the book's outside, and even though she never looked inside of the book, looking at its cover was enough for her. 

Her little green eyes were glowing with excitement, just like her soul was bursting with joy

''The new queen of Ceare was announced, and the whole universe was filled with love and joy. The new queen took her people dancing on the beautiful pieces of stone buried into the ground. Each stone represented a gem that was placed on the crown. The stone pillars around the area were covered with beautiful, green vines and the sky was filled with so many different colors. The Ceareians spent the coronation day with music and laughter"

As her mother kept talking about the world of Ceare, Lilia's eyes grew heavy. With the heavenly sound of her mother's voice, the little girl drifted off to sleep.

 With the heavenly sound of her mother's voice, the little girl drifted off to sleep

Lilia's eyes opened with the sound of someone calling her name

She sat up, looking around,  and her wondering where the voice came from soon turned into wondering where she was.

Soft grass tickled her skin, wind gently blew her wavy hair and the sun shone on her face. She was too shocked to give any sort of reaction, instead she just sat there, taking it all in.

"Lilia! Over here!" She heard her name being called again, this time she was sure where the sound came from. 

She turned around and found a ginger-haired girl stepping on the last of many stone steps, jumping to the floor. Seeing the girl smile in front of her, she knew exactly where she was.