1. The Journey Begins

Above the atmosphere of our beloved planet, a massive fleet of space shuttles hover from afar. Leading the fleet is none other than the nefarious Dr. Eggman.

"Hahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA," the doctor cackles. Suddenly, his evil laugh abruptly stops as he looks toward the edge of the ship, revealing a flaming hole. Emerging from it was none other than Sonic the Hedgehog!

An army of robots are sent on standby!

"Fire!", says Eggman!

The robots fire a flurry of bullets, but Sonic speeds past and charges past the army, destroying a few robots along the way! A big robot appears, but Sonic destroys it as well!

Eggman emerges in a prototype mech suit, attacking Sonic! He spin jumps to dodge the gunfire!

"Why you little...," Eggman said as Sonic slides under him and runs up the wall! Eggman continues the gunfire until Sonic heads deeper into the ship!

"You're not getting away!", Eggman promised, stretching the suit's massive metal hand toward the hedgehog!

Sonic toys with Eggman as he runs, getting caught. Sonic struggles for a minute before cracking a sly smile and closing his eyes to focus. The Chaos Emeralds appear around him and Sonic becomes Super Sonic!

Super Sonic smashes through the mech suit and heads after Eggman!

Eggman immediately flees! "Uh oh! Time to go!"

Eggman attempts to outrun Sonic, but the hedgehog is hot on his tail! Sonic's emanating power destroys the other ships as well!

As Eggman retreats to the main ship, Sonic is close behind! Eggman crashes his Egg Mobile and topples into the room, and Sonic smashes in from beneath!

Eggman: S-Sonic! Please, don't do this! Go easy on me! I'll turn over a new leaf, I swear! Just give me a chance.

Sonic chuckles a little.

Sonic: Heh, this is new. Showing remorse, Eggman? Hey, if you played nice, I wouldn't have had to break all your toys.

Eggman smirks before...

"Gotcha!"

A machine surrounds Sonic! It was a trap!

Sonic tries to escape, but a mysterious pulsating wave restrains him before Eggman begins draining his power! Sonic yells in pain as the machine forces him to normal, with all seven Chaos Emeralds in view! A ray activates at the main ship, powered by the Emeralds' energy.

Eggman: This is going to be good! Fire!

With one press of a button, Eggman fires the ray at the planet! The blast heads into the ocean, sending a shockwave through the planet before it starts to crack. Each of the seven continents are being split apart by the border as a mysterious creature awakens in the midst. Meanwhile, Sonic continuously suffers under the ray's draining power. However, as the creature awakens further, Sonic's arms become larger, so large that his gloves rip off! His transformation continues and completes as the ultimate evil emerges: Dark Gaia!

The ray shuts off as the now blackened Chaos Emeralds fall to the floor.

Eggman: Success! A brilliant success! It's just as the Gaia Manuscripts foretold.  "As the ultimate being awakens from its ages-long slumber, its power will send the energy of the planet out of balance as it gradually destroys it!" Now, all I need to do is to figure out how to harness it, and soon, Eggmanland will finally come to be! Hahahahahaa!!

The now-transformed Sonic recovers from the machine's effect before warning his archenemy.

Sonic: You're...not gonna...get away with this, Eggman!

Eggman: Sonic! What a good look for you! Seems fitting! Now that I have no need for you, so long, friend!

Eggman opens the air lock and ejects Sonic to the broken planet. He tries to hold on, but it's no use! He falls toward the planet as Dark Gaia sinks into the planet's core....

Thus...begins the story of SONIC UNLEASHED!

End of Chapter 1