The old cannery building.

It was closing time and vander was cleaning up the bar, listening to some music and saw powder sitting on the bar with Violet's old bunny plush.

He remembers Violet always having that around before she told him someone took it and put it in between some wires.

He takes out a cup with a small drawing of moons and stars and fills it up with some juice, putting a straw and pushing it forward towards the little girl. When she didn't move her head from it's lying position on the bar he gently pushed the straw closer to her.

Powder glances up at him before looking down again. A sad expression on her face. He frowns at this and takes the bunny plush and stares at it.

That's when it hits.

Violet was sitting inside Benzo's shop, the front window shattered from when she kicked it open to get in. Waiting for the Enforcers to get here.

She sits in silence, messing with her hands. Her head hanging low before slowly raising it when she hears footsteps. With a sigh she stands up and waits, tensing when she hears the door open.

But her eyes widened when she doesn't see enforcers but sees Vander and Benzo.

"Vander?"

The man rushes over letting out a sigh. "We don't have much time."

"How did you find me?"

"I'm proud of you. Always have been." He firmly states, setting one hand on her shoulder and the other on her cheek.

"I'm sorry, I...this is the only way to protect the others." Violet demands, holding onto his hands, not looking him in the eyes. Benzo keeps watch from the side window.

"Vander." Benzo warns, making the man turn back to him then quickly back at the teen.

"You've got a good heart. Don't ever lose it." He firmly said to the teen girl, looking at her eyes. "No matter how the world tries to break you. Protect the family."

"What are you—" Vander doesn't let her finish and pushes her back into a room, closing the door and locking it. "Vander!"

Violet's banging and screams can be heard as she tries to open the door. "Let me out! This isn't right!"

"I'm guessing that's for me." A woman's voice makes Vander turn his head to see Grayson; an enforcer with Marcus.

Marcus moves past Grayson and goes to make the arrest but Vander's in the way. "You gonna let us make the arrest or not?" He scoffs.

"You'll oblige a doomed man one last smoke." He lights a match and takes a hit from his pipe, blowing out the smoke and eyeing Marcus with a glare. "Won't you?"

Grayson places her hand on Marcus's shoulder and pushes him back and stands in front of Vander. "I'm not putting you away, Vander."

"The council needs its pound of flesh."

"Without you down here, it all falls apart." She tries to reason with him, but he won't listen.

"Benzo will handle things. He may not have my devilish charm, but he runs a tight ship." He reassures taking another hit of his pipe.

"Vander! You can't do this!" They can hear Violet banging on the door.

"You won't be coming back for a long time."

"I know." Vander walks over to Marcus, the enforcer handcuffs him, Violet's banging still being heard. "It's the only way."

As the three leave, Benzo fights the urge to open the door for Violet as she keeps trying to make anyone unlock the door the teen was distracted by a man's scream. She glances over to a high level window. "What's happening?"