Chapter 3: Enter Shirogane Omoi

Omoi's POV

'Deep breaths Omoi. Remember your routine and your plays, you'll do just fine.' My thoughts were repeating those words over and over again as I looked at the opposing team.

Kageyama Tobio, the titled King of the Court. With his unparalleled precise sets, he was a monster on the court.

Hinata Shoyo, the upstart middle blocker of the team. Although he looks tiny and weak, he was, surprisingly enough quick on his feet, and boy does he fly.

Those two were the main threats I should look out for, especially since I'm handling the middle blocker position like Hinata.

'Which means we'll be facing off a lot in this game.' 

I narrowed my eyes towards the two, my fingers were twitching. I knew about their super quick attack that left most blockers chasing their dust trails.

That, however, only fueled my excitement. The challenge to catch up and block that quickly was something that I desired to do.

'I can't wait!' 

Coach Ukai motioned over us and called out.

"This is the last practice match for today, and this time we have a new member joining us. Depending on his team's results, he'll either join the club or not."

And like that, cold water was poured over my head as I remembered the stakes of the upcoming game.

The game was about to start and I couldn't let myself be bogged down by my excitement. Big brother used to say that a calm mind triumphs over-excitement and agitation.

My nervousness and excitement aside, the tense atmosphere surrounding us gave me some time to look over the team.

Daichi-san was an amazing captain, his receives were just next to Nishinoya-san's. Although he seems scary at the moment. 

Daichi-san was muttering something with Azumane-san and Sugawara-san. Speaking of Sugawara-san.

He was the setter for our team. He gave me a thumbs up and a smile, not knowing how sinister his smile looked as he spoke with Daichi-san.

Azumane-san on the other hand, was the ace spiker of our team. His shy and introverted vibe aside, he packs quite the punch when it comes to slamming down his attacks.

However, what the hell were they talking about? Snuggled in a corner of the court and whispering among themselves. Daichi-san even sent glances towards Hinata and Kageyama while they were whispering.

This made me realize that these three were up to no good. Couldn't blame them, however, as we're facing Kageyama and Hinata. 

Then there was Kinoshita along with us. Frankly, I don't know much about him since I haven't seen him play in Karasuno's previous matches. However, believing and trusting my teammates to do their role was a fundamental part of any team sport.

The same goes with Narita. The middle blocker was obviously nervous as he was jittering in his spot. He looked at me and his gaze carried a question that needed to be answered.

'We can do this!' 

It looked like my message was conveyed through my nod and gaze as Narita collected himself and determinedly stared at the opposing team.

This game was about to be an intense match. One that would surely be one of the things we would look back to, especially for me.

Speaking of the opponent's team and other than the monster duo, I spotted Nishinoya, Tanaka-san, Yamaguchi, and Ennoshita-san. Tsukishima was also by the side.