chapter one

((edited))

the first time i saw her felt as if the world was grey and i was seeing color for the first time. that's how perfect she was.

she had the most gorgeous long, blonde hair and the prettiest blue eyes i'd ever seen. and her smile. i can't even explain how pretty her smile was. she, herself, was marvelous.

i just watch her. admiring her beauty. she talks and laughs with her friends in the school's courtyard, sitting in her boyfriend's lap. does he even realize how lucky he is? the most charming girl to ever walk this earth is literally sitting on him. i'd kill to be in his position.

juliet simmons is known for all the crazy shit she does. she's not what you would call innocent. to tell you the truth she's sorta the opposite. she likes to do rebellious things. people say she's just another troublemaker, but i think she's just trying to be remembered. i know i'll remember her, no matter what she does.

my thoughts are suddenly interrupted by the sound of the bell ringing. juliet and her friends quickly get up and walk inside, allowing me to get once last glance of the beauty named juliet.

"seriously?" ellington -one of my best friends- asks. "you're still crushing on juliet simmons?"

i shrug. "yeah. what's wrong with that?"

"not trying to burst your bubble, ross, but there's two things wrong with that." josh -also one of my best friends- begins. "one, being the fact she's crazy. if you guys dated and you were to hurt her, she'd fucking ruin you. and two, being that she's dating that man-beast."

when i don't respond, ellington does. "yep, his bubble has been bursted."

i roll my eyes. "she isn't crazy, she's just different, okay?"

"does she even know you exist?"

"she's in most of my classes, but we don't really talk. like, at all." i answer josh, frowning.

ellington pats my back. "that is true, i have first period with them and she doesn't even pay any attention to him whatsoever."

"he gets it."

"well, speaking of first period, let's go."

"ugh." i groan, getting up and walking to first period with ellington.

i'd never admit it to them, but everything they said was right. i had no chance with juliet. she was a 10, and i was barely even a 1. she was outgoing and had no filter, whilst i'm quiet and stutter almost everything whenever i talk to someone i don't know well.

and anyways, if i tried to make a move on her, her boyfriend, andy, would ruin me. he's a total asshole, but for some reason she hasn't caught on to that.

when we get to first period my eyes immediately dart to the back of the classroom, where juliet and andy are flirting. i sigh, slumping down in my seat.

"don't beat yourself up about her, ross. she's not worth it."

she's worth a lot more. "ross? you hear me?" ell says when i don't reply.

"oh, yeah. i did."

ellington opens his mouth to speak, but closes it when we're both hit in the back of the head.

ellington turns around in his seat, but i don't. i know who was doing it. andy. it was a normal thing. he liked to mess with us a lot, and today happened to be one of those days that he chose to. i don't stand up for myself though, I never do. i would, but andy is juliet's boyfriend and if i stood up to him, there'd be a huge possibility that she would dislike me and that's the last thing i want. but ellington on the other hand, if someone messes with him, he'll pick a fight.

"really? was that necessary?" he asks.

"whatcha gonna do about it, ratliff?" andrew has a habit of calling people by their last name. i've never heard him call ellington nor myself by our first names.

"you wanna know what i'll do? i'll-"

ell gets cut off when i kick his leg, whispering "stop." i really didn't want him to make a scene.

"no, go on, ratliff. i'd love to hear what you'll do to me. it's not like you'll actually do it though. you're too much of a pussy."

"i swear to god, matthews!" ell yells, mocking the bully by calling him by his last name.

"you and your little boyfriend are both little pussies. c'mon lynch, say something. i dare you."

ignore him. just, ignore him.

"see? not a single wor-"

"just leave them alone, andy."

i turn around to see andrew giving juliet a confused look. "what?" he asks.

"just leave him be." she whispers, but still loud enough to hear. "you've gotten in too much trouble already, it's really not worth it."

i turn back around in my seat, smiling. it made me happy that she did that, but just because she told her boyfriend to stop messing with me, it doesn't mean anything. i bet if andrew was messing with someone else in the class, she'd do the exact same thing. i'm not someone special. not to her.

"awww," ellington says, making fun of me. "rossy is blushing."

"shut up."

"she looked like she was pissed at andy, maybe she does know about your existence after all."

"yeah right. if your boyfriend was messing with someone else wouldn't you be mad?" i ask.

"umm, no."

"you wouldn't?"

"no, because i don't have a boyfriend." he said as if it were obvious.

"you know what i mean!"

"i guess i'd be upset, but so what? she stood up for you!"

"us, and she probably would've stood up for anyone if andy was bullying them." i say.

ellington doesn't respond because the teacher walks in before he could.

i get that ell was trying to cheer me up, but i'm not going to get my hopes up. so she stood up for us, she'll probably never talk to me again. and i know that. that's why i refuse to let it get to me. if i get my hopes up then reality will come crashing down on me and i'll just be hurt.

i know the truth, and i have to live with it.

i will never be good enough for juliet simmons.

YAY I EDITED THIS

xoxo

Zoe'