Safe Haven

Someone had been following them for the past two hours now.

Viserys couldn't make out their face, but he was sure that the cloaked figure was one of the assassins Robert Baratheon had sent after himself and his sister.

Daenerys let out a squeak as her feet tangled together. Before she could fall, he caught her and pulled her forward.

They had to keep moving or else they'd both be dead. Run. I should not have been weak and listened to Dany's pleading to go outside the walls. I am a dragon. I need to protect us. We have to go back. I am a dragon, no one can hurt a dragon.

His thoughts ran rampant through his brain and Daenerys cried out, "Vis, there's a wall!"

He stopped running so quickly that his heels skidded across the stones. Viserys spun around and watched helplessly as the figure stopped at the entrance of the alleyway. The assassin's head shifted left then right before stepping closer.

Daenerys huddled close to Viserys and he put one foot forward, his body shaking.

"L-lea-leave us at once!" He snapped, his voice filled with fright, "We're u-under the protection of Ser William Darry!"

The figure paused before pulling off the hood that obscured their face. Their would-be assassin was actually a woman of Valyrian descent and Viserys stared at her. Her face was familiar and his eyes widened when his brain made the connection.

"Aunt Dyanna!" Viserys exclaimed when he realized who the woman was. A smile broke out across her face as she held out her arms and wrapped both young Targaryens in a tight embrace. He felt the warm press of her lips against his forehead and for a moment, Viserys was back home with his mother and brother. He was safe and didn't have to care for a child in the streets. There were no sneering fat men and strange loose women.

Just...family.

She pulled away and knelt down, looking at Daenerys, who looked up at her with violet eyes. Dyanna felt like she was looking into a mirror and she half expected Rhaella to pounce on her with a pillow, but that was not to be. Still, she placed a gentle hand on the little girl's cheek.

"You look so much like your mother," Dyanna breathed before she wrapped her arms around the two siblings once again. She turned to Viserys and asked, "Where are you staying?"

"With William Darry he took us and is keeping us safe," Viserys replied and Dyanna nodded.

"I would like to talk to him, could you take me to him?"

He nodded and moved to pick up Daenerys, but Dyanna did and took his hand. He looked at her gratefully and she smiled down at him. The young boy led her through the streets of Braavos until they stopped at a house with a red door and the servants let them in.

Dyanna put down Daenerys and told Viserys, "I will only take a moment. Go put your sister to bed."

He nodded and took his little sister's hand, tugging her along while Daenerys stared at Dyanna in wonder.

When they got to the house with the red door, Dyanna instructed a servant to take to her to Ser Darry and she disappeared for the rest of the day. The moon took the place of the sun and the young prince found himself drifting off in his bed as he waited patiently for his aunt to return.

He hovered between the waking hours and dreams when his skin felt the light brushing of fingers pushing aside the hair on his forehead.

Viserys's eyes fluttered open and he looked up to see Dyanna smiling sadly at him. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before he realized what was happening.