chapter nine

When we woke up in the morning we all loaded up the cars and cleaned the house. The boys had apparently been up for a couple more hours last night so they were operating slower than usual. Even though I hadn't gone to bed super super late I was still tired from yesterday. In fact I planned on taking a nap when I got home. When I got back to my house I found the house was empty so I went upstairs and decided to finish my homework before I took a nap. I struggled to keep my eyes open the whole time. Luckily I only had a few assignments to complete and didn't have to study or write a paper. When I was done with my homework I jumped under my covers and shut the blinds. But just when I was about to fall asleep my phone rang. I chose to ignore it but whoever was calling did not get the message and called again. I reluctantly picked up. "What." I asked the person on the other line.

"Hey bitch." A voice I quickly recognized as Kelsey's asked.

"What." I answered.

"Ok moodypants. Hello to you too." She paused waiting for me to say something but I didn't. "So I was calling because you know that guy that I've been talking too?"

"Yeah, Colten?"

"Yeah him. Well so he just texted me and asked me to hangout but implied that it could be a group hang if I wanted and now that he said that I don't want to show up with no one in case he is testing me. I don't want to come across like I like him too much so I figured I'd bring a friend. Also like what if he brings a friend and I don't... that would be humiliating. Anyway so that's why I'm calling."

"You want me to go on a date with you and your boytoy?"

"Well he is going to bring a friend I bet so maybe you'll meet someone tonight and get over Luke."

"Did you say tonight?"

"I did." I let out a sigh. "Please please please Allison. PLLLLEAAASEEE."

"Will you pay for my food."

"Sure." Now that was a bargain.

"Ok I'll come."

"Ok great. YAY! I'll pick you up at 8. We are going to Dave and Busters." Wait what!

"Dave and busters. Are you serious?" I yelled into the phone.

"See you later!" Kelsey said as she hung up the phone. I rolled my eyes then looked at the time. It was 6:14 so I decided I'd still take a nap. I set an alarm for 7:40 and then closed my eyes.

Once my alarm went off I got up and went into my bathroom. I brushed through my hair and put on a little makeup in case the slim possibility occurred that Colten did in fact bring a friend and he ended up being my future husband. Once I was done in the bathroom I quickly went through my clothes to decide what to wear. I decided on jeans, a sweater, and my converse. I was in the middle of tying my shoelaces when Kelsey texted me she was outside.

I walked down the stairs and out the door, making sure to lock the door because I had no clue when my dad would be home. He was supposed to be home early tonight but he got called into surgery last minute. Once I climbed into the car Kelsey started to drive and within 20 minutes we arrived at Dave and Busters. Although I believe arcades can be fun, and i'm no germaphobe I just can't ignore how disgusting and crawling with kids these places were. I knew I would end up having fun, as I always did but I also knew I would have to shower once I got home.

"Ok ready?" Kelsey asked as she parked the car.

"I guess so. Is he bringing someone?" I asked her.

"Yes." She answered.

"Do you know who."

"No." I sighed. Great, a blind date.

"Whatever let's go." We got out of the car and started walking toward the building. Here we go.