Empty.

Hermione.

Its been exactly five days since the party. Me and Stefan have spoken a lot more recently and it's beginning to be a daily thing now. I haven't talked to Damon tho so i'm guessing it's not really how I imagined it'll be after new year's. A part of me is second thinking my chose that I made , of course I wanted to stay here because of how beautiful it was and because of the people i've met but I miss my real home.

Me and Klaus i've been spending a lot more time with each other and I love it because I don't know we just haven't quite had time for ourselves and we seem to be .. off.

He's always been busy and I can't be mad about it but it's supposed to be our vacation basically and he just spends his time at work and hanging out with old friends. I've had a feeling that this was going to happen , I still hate the fact that Klaus never told me about his past or never even cared to explain it. Everything popping up randomly is the worst feeling because you feel so betrayed and lied to. I trust him with everything I have but sometimes he has to tell me things.

It was a Wednesday morning and I was reading a book outside the balcony. The wind was blowing on my face and the sun shined perfectly. It was bloody early in the morning so I couldn't sleep , I checked my phone and it was 6am sharp so I'm not surprised that Klaus isn't awake right now. I shouldn't be either , I decided to text Stefan since I know for sure he's awake at this time. "Goodmorning" that's all I said because that's all I could think of.

About a minute or two I heard my phone go off "Goodmorning Hermione , why up so early?" Stefans message said. Even he knew I don't wake up this early. "Couldn't sleep. Why are you up too?" I smiled hoping he'll get the tease behind it , and so he did. "Well I am a vampire of course. Sleeping feels like forever asleep and not waking up" I chuckled and replied back "Wanna grab some breakfast? Klaus will be awake for another four hours so don't have to lie to him anymore thankfully."

It's true lying to Klaus was the more horrible thing i've ever wanted to do , but sometimes you have to risk things in life once in a while. "Sounds great. Where are we going?" Stefan replied back. "Actually let's have a picnic , let's say in 30 min by the park?" I replied back. "Alright , i'll bring the blankets and stuff see you there." I smiled and got right to the sandwiches.

I did the basic thing lettuce,tomato,mayonnaise, ham and cheese , hoping Stefan likes it like that. I packed some strawberries and grapes with some strawberry coke. I placed all of it into the basket I magically made , I dressed into a v-neck red shirt with skinny light blue jeans with my black shoes and of course my jacket. I clipped my hair on the sides and checked on Klaus. He was fast asleep , I smiled and kissed his cheek. "I love you." I whispered and left.

It was 7:30 perfect timing that I got there and saw Stefan setting down the blankets on the grass. "Ugh I wanted to beat you hear" I said with a smirk on my face walking towards him , he looked up and chuckled "Gotta be faster than me" Stefan smiled. I rolled my eyes and put the stuff down it was nice out but sorta chilly thankfully I love the cold. "So how's Klaus?" I heard Stefan ask "He's ok , we've just haven't been able to spend time together and he's been so distant lately and I don't know why." I said with a low voice. I never talked about something that made me stop and think , I didn't even realize when Stefan placed his hand on my thigh.

"I heard Elijah is back. That's probably why , they haven't seen each other in years." Stefan said rubbing my thigh up and down. I turned around and shot a weakly smile that he returned , I placed my hand on top of his and just kept it there what felt like forever. After a while I broke the silence "We should eat before the food gets cold" I chuckled. He removed his hand and grabbed the basket and opened to see what's inside "Hmm sandwiches , my favorite" Stefan closed his eyes and took in the smell the sandwiches gave. I busted out laughing to the point that I fell back and tears started falling from how much I laughed.