Part 4

TW- mentions of cancer

Y/n POV

I wake up and feel arms around me, then I remember that me and Jess must have accidentally fallen asleep last night.

"Jess wake up" I say to him. "Luke just 10 more minutes" Jess mumbles half asleep. "Jess" I say again.

He then wakes up properly and then says "oh we must have fell asleep". I nod in agreement and say "we bet to head to Luke's he's probably worried about you". Jess looks at his phone and says "I have 15 missed calls from him".

I then go in the bathroom to get changed.

A/n - this is the outfit sorry if you don't like it

Once I'm dressed me and Jess rush to Luke's.

When we get their we see Luke looking relieved and angry at the same time.

"Where have you been" he asks Jess. "Well I went over y/n and I accidentally fell asleep sorry" he says.

Luke just says "go pour some coffees" and passes the coffee jug thing to Jess. "Want anything y/n" Luke asks me. "Could I have a coffee please" I say. "Jess coffee over here" Luke says pointing at me. Jess then fills up my cup with coffee and I mumble a thank you and begin drinking my coffee.

Once I've finished my coffee I pay for it and leave.

Jess's POV

"Jess me and you upstairs now" he says to me. I follow him up the stairs and then he begins lecturing me.

"What were you doing at y/n house I thought you were only driving them to the hospital" he asks me. I answer him with "well when we went to the hospital there was some really bad news and she needed comforting so I stayed there with her to maybe help her feel a bit better".

There was a short silence but Luke breaks it by saying  "what was the news" in a soft tone. I look down at the floor sadly and say "her mum has cancer but they found it early so she it should be easier to cure since it hasn't spread much yet". Luke then says "oh no that's terrible". "I know" I reply with.

Y/n POV

Right now I am cleaning around the house trying to help my mom out.

As soon as lorelai and Rory found out they came straight over to try and help around the house too. What would I do without them.

"Y/n it's your birthday on Saturday do you still wanna have the party at Luke's but maybe just me Lorelei Luke and Jess" she suggests. I nod.

The only reason I'm still having the party is so I can take my mind off of the whole cancer thing.

Time skip to the birthday

I wake up to Rory and Lorelei shouting 'happy birthday'.

"We got you presents" Rory says.