Men at some time are masters of their fates

Disclaimer; I'm sick as fuck right now. no not COVID, I'm fully vaccinated for COVID. So if anything is off or weird, please forgive me. 

Cuddles went to the living room after waking to find Flaky already working on the home computer. Typing away like their life depended on it. 

"Uhh Flaky?" Flaky stopped typing and looked over at Cuddles.

"Yeah?"

"I was gonna show you everyone today. Remember?" Flaky looked at the yellow rabbit for a few seconds before remembering that they had in fact made plans to do that.

"Uhh okay. Let me finish this paragraph real quic-"

"No time!" Cuddles grabbed Flaky's arm and dragged them out with him. 

***

Cuddles took Flaky to an outside table at a café that had three other animals sitting at. A pink chipmunk, a purple beaver, and a blue skunk. 

"Ahem. Flaky, this —Cuddles pointed at the chipmunk— is my lovely girlfriend Giggles!" Cuddles began to introduce the tree friends. 

Giggles got up and shook Flaky's paw. 

"Nice to meet you! You must be Flaky! Cuddles was talking about you non-stop!" Giggles greeted.

"Really?"

"Oh! All good things don't worry love!"

'Love' it would take Flaky a bit to get used to nicknames but they could deal with it. 

"This —Cuddles pointed at the beaver with large teeth— is my best bro Toothy!" Toothy seemed to jump at his name being mentioned but quickly and clumsily got up to shake Flaky's paw. 

"Uh- hello!" Toothy awkwardly greeted.

The paw shaking was making Flaky slightly anxious. 

What if they don't like the way I shake their paw? What if my paws are sweaty?  What if they think my paws look weird??

"And finally —Cuddles gestured to the skunk with a petunia in her fur— my girlfriend's best friend and roommate, Petunia!" Petunia just gave a smile and a little 'hello!' Instead of reaching her paw out which Flaky appreciated. 

"Are you going to stay any longer babe?" Giggles asked, almost seeming urgent. 

"No. I'm going to show Flaky around more." And with that, Cuddles dragged Flaky along again. 

Well that was weird... Flaky began to think.

Their conversation was so... dry. for a couple. Are they always like that? Why did it seem like Giggles wanted him to leave?? Why has Cuddles never mentioned her to me before???

Next Cuddles dragged Flaky to a tall blue moose, a pinkish-purplish mole, and an orange handless beaver. 

"This is Lumpy!" Cuddles patted the moose on the back.

"Oh! Hiya! I'm Lumpy!" Lumpy simply patted Flaky's head to immediately take his hand back from pricking himself on Flaky's quills.

"Ah! Uh sorry!" Flaky quickly apologized.

"Don't be sorry! He does things like this a lot. He'll probably forget in a few seconds!" Cuddles reassured. 

"Oh..."

"This is Mole!" The mole simply nodded and kept both hands on his walking stick. Flaky assumed he must have been blind considering he wasn't looking exactly at them and that he had a walking stick.