Dreams About the Future

Is a dream a wish your heart makes or is it the truth of what you are about to face?

We were all in the lab trying to get an understanding of what happened just a few moments ago. Tony had gotten the fallen broken body that Ultron took control of laying on a lab bench. Helen Cho was walking around looking at everything. I sat there trying to control my emotions, so I did not lose control.

"All of our work is gone," Bruce explained. "Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch."

Nat brought me an ice pack, "He's been in everything. Files. Surveillance. He probably knows more about us than we do."

Rhodey got up and walked towards Tony, "What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

Maria Hill spoke out and she stitched her foot, "Like nuclear launch codes."

Nat looked confused, "Nukes? He said he wanted us dead."

I sense Steve's anger rising, "He didn't say dead. He said extinct."

Barton looked over at me, "He also said he killed someone."

Maria finished stitching up her foot, "There was nobody left here."

Tony sighed, and said quietly, "Yes there was." He called up Jarvis in his hologram form. He was broken and destroyed. This made me start to lose control of my powers. I accidentally sent a gust of air knocking over beakers from Bruce's lab bench.

While Bruce and Tony talked about the way Ultron destroyed Jarvis. I started to pick up the broken glass pieces when I felt a familiar energy walk into the room. I knew it was Thor before anyone else. I tried to get to him as fast as I could, but he had already gone straight to Tony.

Tony struggled as Thor lifted him up by his neck, "Come one, use your words, buddy."

Thor scowled Tony, "I have more than enough words for you, Stark."

I walked to Thor, "Where's the Legionnaire?"

Thor put Tony down, and turned to me, "I followed them until the trail went cold about hundreds of miles out, but it is going north. It has the scepter. Now, we have to retrieve it again."

Steve turned to me, "Samantha, go to your room. Okay? You have a concussion. I will be up in a few minutes to make sure you're okay. I promise." He kissed my forehead.

I went to my room and headed to my bathroom to get cleaned up. I looked down and saw all of my wounds had clotted and stopped bleeding. I started my shower, and then took off all of my clothes. I took off my necklaces and noticed that Bucky's dog tags had blood on them. I must have been bleeding on my chest. I looked down and saw that there was a piece of glass stuck in my chest from the fight. I took it out and whimpered quietly.

"Shit!" I whimpered to myself.

I finally cleaned up all of my wounds and got into the shower to wash all the rest of the dirt and muck off of me. While I was in the shower, I made different shapes from the water as it ran down my back. This was always a way that helped me relax because of the water. Water has always been a relaxing thing because it is always changing and flowing.

I heard a knock at my door, so I got out of the shower and quickly got dressed.

"Sammi?" A voice said outside of my bedroom door. "Can I come in?"

I went and opened the door only to find Steve standing there. I let him in and he went to my bed and sat down.

"Dad? What is going on?" I asked him as I sat next to him.

Steve sighed, "We are going after Ultron as soon as we locate him. I want you to stay here with Rhodey. Sam is going to come to pick you up tomorrow and take you with him. Okay?"

I stood up, "No. That is not okay. I am a member of this team. I am an Avenger!" I shouted at Steve. "I should be able to go with you guys. I have this feeling that I'm needed there."

"You are still a kid. You need to stay safe."

I took Steve's hand, "Dad, I will always stay safe because my family is there to protect me. I need to go with you."

Steve smiled, "You are stubborn. We will talk more about it in the morning. Get some sleep. I am going to discuss it with the rest of the team." He kissed my forehead, then left my room.

I laid down in my bed and started to get on social media to look for students who go to Midtown High. I was hoping to find someone who could show me around. The only two profiles that I found were Ned Jacobs and Peter Parker. They looked super nice and sweet, and the Peter one was cute. I fell asleep as I went through the school's website again.

My dream was more like a nightmare. I was standing in the ruins of New York City as I did three years ago during the Battle of New York, but this time it was different. I was the one who had caused the damage. I looked around trying to find my Dad, Tony, Clint, or anyone from my team. I finally started running as I knew exactly where they were, and I was right.

I made it to the rubble pile from Avengers Tower. I felt tears running down my face as I moved the rocks and rubble searching for my family, and that's when I saw them. Every single Avenger and person who has protected me since Loki were dead. It was my fault. I do not know how I knew that, but I did.

"Dad? Tony? Clint?" I yelled as I shook them trying to wake them up. I heard a whimper from the pile and saw someone trying to speak. It was Thor.

"Little warrior," He spoke softly. "You need to save us. Save us from this destruction. I believe in you." His eyes closed and I could feel his soul leave his body

I caused the world to break and my family to die. I fell to the ground causing an earthquake to happen a few miles away, a tsunami in the Hudson River, and a tornado down Broadway. I screamed as fire engulfed the remains of my family and me.

When I opened my eyes, I hoped to be back in my bed in Avengers Tower, but the nightmare was not over yet. I was on a strange shipping boat of some sort but did not recognize where I was. I turned to see someone who I never thought would access my dreams or mind. It was Ultron, but he had some new companions. The two companions of the robot were the two enhanced persons that we had met at the HYDRA base.

"Klaue," Ultron said. "I am here for vibranium." I tried to attack Ultron, but I was jerked awake by my mind.

"NO!" I screamed as I shot up from sleep.

Within twenty seconds, my room was filled with Avengers. Steve had his shield, Clint had his bow, and Thor had his hammer. They were all ready to attack, but I had to calm them down.

"Woah," I tell them. "I'm okay. It was just a nightmare. I need to talk to Tony. I figured out where Ultron is."

Steve looked at me, "Tony found out too. Suit up. We are going to South Africa."