Part 2; best friends

Vanessa droned on about safety protocols and all that, you only half listened as you were too busy watching the sun animatronic over at the kids tables. Your eyes grew wider as he suddenly stood up. Standing to his true form, the nine foot tall animatronic smiled at the kids and laughed as they were climbing him. He was beaming, he was.. so cute. You couldn't help but blush at the sight of his tall frame. Vanessa: y/n?, y/n! are you even paying attention?  you looked over startled, y/n: oh y-yeah sorry.. You said face still red. Vanessa: its alright, oh! you should probably meet your partner then haha, I can see you already have eyes on him. Sun! sundrop! get over here will you, you need to meet your new partner or uh "friend". Sundrop spun around and his eyes lit up, he then ran over and grabbed you, hugging you tightly. Sundrop: new friend! hello!! Im Sun or Sundrop or whatever you'd like! and we are gonna have the best time ever!!! we can play and have sleepovers and and- Vanessa cut him off. Vanessa: now Sun you know this is your coworker, she is not one of the kids. Sun's smile lowered slightly, he looked down at you confused. Vanessa looked at her fazwatch and back at you. Vanessa: oh no, I've gotta go, there's an issue over at gator golf. umm ok y/n, get to know sun for awhile, I'll be back shortly. with that said she practically ran out the door. You slowly looked up at him, face red. still startled he picked you up so quickly. before you could say hello you had a question in mind, y/n: um I- I'm not too heavy for you..? you said looking down a little. Sundrop: of course not friend! he said smiling wide. You smiled and looked up at him again, locking eyes. 

(SUNS POV: what is this? why do I feel weird.. is it something with my system? am I broken? why do I wanna hold her forever.. why did she think she was too heavy..? why does she feel different to me? she's not an animatronic like me.. why do I wish she was..?) 

y/n: S-Sundrop? you said wondering why the animatronic looked like he was frozen in thought. Sundrop: oh uh yes sunshine? he said sounding nervous. (Sunshine?? you thought, that is so cute.. why is he so cute?? he's just.. he's just an animatronic, get over it..) y/n: could you um, put me down now? Sun looked embarrassed as he gently set you down. y/n: thanks, so um why dont you show me around? I am gonna be here almost everyday.. Sundrop perked up. Sundrop: everyday!! oh sunshine this is the best!! we are gonna be the bestest of friends!! he said jumping around you happily. Sundrop: lets go!! I'll show you everything! and with that he skipped away happily, checking to make sure you were behind every few seconds. You went all around the daycare with him, as he was making sure to point out every detail and everything he liked to do on the play structures, He then walked over to the security desk. Sundrop: I guess this is were you have to do adult job things. boring... but there is one more thing you need to know.. he grabbed you once again and pulled you close to him. Keep the lights on... on! he said sternly. Something you hadn't seen him do, he was so serious.. it was weird. you looked up at him to see worry in his eyes, but you knew that you couldn't do anything as the lights went out at a certain time every night. Sundrop noticed your face change to confusion, Sundrop: well um.. you see.. I'm not exactly.. "myself" when its dark.. He looked down sort of sadly. You didn't know what he meant but something in you really didn't want to see him sad.. so you smiled at him and as he was bent down near you now, you put a hand on his face. He looked at you and if he wasn't an animatronic, his face would be about as red as a tomato right now. y/n: I promise Sunny, I wont turn the lights off while I'm here. He smiled softly. Sundrop: t-thank you.. your really um.. amazing. You smiled and laughed a little, y/n: are you sure you're an animatronic? you seem way too human. Sun looked confused. Sundrop: um well, I can show you my- Just then Vanessa walked in, Vanessa: hello! hope i wasn't too long! the kids threw too many golfballs in monty's mouth again and messed up his jaw.. he's going to parts and services now. Alright then, Sun I'm gonna need you to go round up the kids while I finish talking to y/n. 

Sun nodded and skipped away. Vanessa: okay so I assume you've had a tour. So here's your uniform, the locker room is down the hall from the daycare if you ever need it. oh and heres your fazwatch. you'll use it to talk to Sun and me if you need too. It also has tips and schedules, oh! and are you open to do nightshift? y/n: yeah, I'm good at staying up late. Vanessa: perfect! oh and about moon-  just then her fazwatch beeped. Vanessa: oh lord, I've gotta get going but we'll talk more next time, can you start tomorrow by any chance? y/n: yeah sure, what time? Vanessa: 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm? you thought that was a little long for your first day but you didn't want to ruin your first impression. y/n: Alright! I'll see you then!  Vanessa: yes ma'am! and with that she walked you out, but not before you waved bye to Sundrop and he waved back, a kid hanging on his arm. You walked out to your car and got in, taking a deep breath. Why was an animatronic so hot?? He's so tall.. and so nice to look at. You lit a cigarette and rolled the window down, starting the car and taking off, mind consumed by this beautiful boy.

AUTHOR: sorry this is late! I haven't really checked wattpad and didn't know people would like it! Please continue giving feedback! I'm going to answer some things now if you didn't pick them up, y/n is a girl, and she is plus sized. The reason she isn't nonbinary is for possible smut purposes ;)  If you like gay stuff you could always check out my other stories, although I can't promise they're very good. Also she is plus sized bc I want her to be, idc what you think. Anyway thats all for now!