Fight

Fight

A continuation of the Connection series

Two days ago they'd begun snapping at each other and haven't stopped. 

The girls are at their lessons in the village, which is good because things have escalated to the boiling point. 

Ben is looking at that same face she'd made at him when they were enemies. 

Livid. 

"You make me so damn mad!!" Rey screams at him and he is just so tired. 

Spinning on her, he bellows, pointing a finger at her.

"And you make me insane!!"

Eyes narrowed, she practically spits the words at him. 

"Well, you certainly didn't let that stop you!!"

Memories flow from her mind, memories of Ben constantly pushing at her, trying to force her to speak to him. Although he knows what she's speaking of, he still forces her to say it.

"Stop me from what, Rey??"

She rolls her eyes, her hands gesturing at anything and everything. 

"Chasing me down!! Haunting me and harrassing me!"

Ben narrows his eyes. She still doesn't get why he couldn't let her go. Was it wrong? Yes. Ben has long accepted how wrong he was to stalk her like he did. The reason though, isn't what she insinuates it was. He speaks in a normal tone, glaring at her.

"No, Rey, it didn't and I'd do it again because…"

She's so angry, so beautifully angry and yes, he realizes that Kylo will never truly be gone because he still finds her completely hot when she's angry. 

Not this angry though. This Rey may slice his face up again. 

"Because what, Ben?" his bondmate stomps towards him, "Because what? You're so damn possessive!! You just decided I belonged to y…"

He's had enough. He cannot let Rey continue to think he's still that man. 

Ben explodes, his face mere millimeters from hers as he screams. 

"Because I belong to YOU, Rey! You own me! You fucking owned me from the minute you pointed that blaster at me!"

Rey doesn't even flinch.

Is it possible that smoke is coming from her ears? Ben thinks it's possible. She's so positively angry. 

"You're sick! You know that?? You fucking stalked me on Takodana! I was just a girl!"

Shame and revulsion, his old friends, come charging back at him. He'd been terrible, a monster.

"I KNOW that, Rey!! You don't think I know that?? I WAS SICK back then!! I was a fucking monster!! You said it yourself, remember??"

Rey is suddenly silent. Ben stops and watches as a single tear falls from those hazel eyes that he loves more than his own breath. Right now though, he's just so mad at her. He doesn't even know why they've been fighting for two days. He doesn't remember. 

She's beginning to draw into herself, the way she does. Her arms wrap around her own body. He hates it when she does this. It's her way of protecting herself and at that moment, he doesn't see his wife of the last decade. He sees that twenty year old girl, the one he fell for.